Multiple instances of Home Assistant on same nexwork

I have been looking at the possibilities of externally connecting to my home assistant. No problem there this is well documented and using Duck DNS and Nginx gives a lot of opportunities.
What I have not been able to resolve is how to connect to two separate instances of Home Assistant on the same network. How should port forwarding be configured when coping with two separate internal ip addresses? Suggestions?

Generally: Use multiple DNS name and configure nginx to route based upon which hostname is used, or use different external ports, and route to your instances depending on the port used.

Specifically: you don’t tell enough about your current setup to be specific.

Depend on what are you trying to do. I previously run multiple and combine it via remote home-assistant. So, all my lovelace will be on the main HA. But again like I said depend on your need.

I have two instances of Home Assistant on my local network. Each instance runs on its own RPI and naturally has its own ip address. These two instances have completely different purposes and are running independently of each other. Using different external ports would seem to be a good idea, is there any protocol I should be aware of when choosing alternatives? I also wonder if I can set up Nginx on one of the two HA instances or if this should be on a separate server (i.e. a third RPI)?

No. On your front router, forward port 8123 to RpiA:8123 and , e.g., 8124 to RpiB:8123.

Thanks for the support, I will try this :+1: :+1:

try addon called remote Home-Assistant.

Remote home assistant “merges” 2 instances (and it’s a custom component, not an addon)
That’s not what Peter is looking for as he explained above