Multiple Instances of Xbox Integration

When attempting to add a second instance of the Xbox integration, I receive the error message:

Already configured. Only a single configuration possible.

Expected behavior would either be able to allow multiple instances or multiple users to configure who “uses” the console.

So this is kind of new feature, but it is with an existing integration and can kind of be consider an issue based on how you look at it.

The Xbox integration essentially gives you full control over an Xbox One/Series S|X, which is great. Change the app, manual remote control, play media, etc. The issue is that the Xbox integration is tied to a specific user on the Xbox. So if we have a shared console in a shared area, to remote control that from your phone, you have to sign in as the user that set up integration on HA.

It would be great to have each user set up the integration so they can remote control that Xbox as their user to prevent signing out the original user (like if I am on my Xbox playing a game and someone goes to watch a movie on the shared Xbox, it would sign me out on my Xbox).

same here! maybe better will be to use single account but without limitation to 1 user… I guess this needs to be done on MS side…?

Definitely need this. Many people have more than one Xbox user in the household.

:100: for multiple xbox support.

I have my own xbox, my wife has her own, and our kids have their own. Four actual xbox units, not just accounts. Sad that we can only control one!

1 Like

I agree. I also need control more then one console.

I think a great solution would be to set up the ability to perform actions with an xbox account tied to the User?
I’ve already got a automation-specific XBL account I use for the integration, but it is shared with a guest account I keep on a spare console, so it might interfere with a guest playing if I try to access a different console.

I would love this too, so I can track for multiple accounts whether they are online or not.

It is actually possible to add more Xboxes. Just follow the description in the first answer here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/homeassistant/comments/qklj50/multiple_xboxs/

(I know this thread is old but maybe someone finds it on Google like me and now there is a solution) :slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s not a solution to the issue of being unable to set up the integration for more than one xbox live account.
It’s disruptive to try and use one account on multiple xboxes to issue commands when the account is in use (being played) on a different machine.

A workaround is to have an extra XBL account to just do automation stuff, but even if it’s always logged in, it will get kicked offline when more than one of the xboxes it’s signed into is in-game.

I use two accounts here, one for me, one for my wife. I added both Xboxes to HA like described above. We use them with PC and Xboxes and both Xboxes are available in HA and I never get logged out because of that.