Multiple minoston mp22z plugs

i got two mp22z plugs. the first connected without problem and works great. when i try to add the second, the zwave ui says i have added a device by the device count, but it doesn’t show it in the list of devices and i see no way to access it. it appears there is some conflict with having the same device already installed. i tried to change the name for the smart plug, which works fine when installing duplicate sensors, but the name tag doesn’t seem to be edit-able for the plug.

i’m kinda stuck. i can’t see any way to work around this. clearly only being limited to one plug isn’t in anyones design or interest, so i must be missing something.

-SM-

This description of ZUI behavior does is not familiar to me, you’ll need to provide more details as to what you mean.

Try excluding the problematic device first, and possibly factory reset it.

it appears there is some conflict with having the same device already installed.

Nope, that works perfectly fine.

There is no limitation with using multiple of the same kinds of devices, so your issue is something else. We’ll need to see more details, e.g. screenshots and/or logs. There are some troubleshooting steps to look at as well if you are having inclusion problems.

thanks for the help. i went back tonight and debugged this further. indeed, when i added it, it was using a duplicate name, and was not showing up in the device list, but did show up in the device count. i know this is not the normal behavior - i have multiple sensors that share the same name - but this is indeed what was happening. i even repeated it. to solve the issue i removed the device, and renamed the first one i had added to the network. then when i added the second plug it showed up in the device list just fine, with a different name from the first.

like i said, i can’t explain it, but it is repeatable, so it appears to be a bug somewhere.

-SM-

What is the “device count” that you are referring to? From the integration card?

correct. it increments when i add the second plug, and decrements when i remove it, but the actual list of zwave devices does not change, and i can’t access the second plug in any way, other than the naming workaround i described.

Strange. I have several duplicate devices, and can’t reproduce in my environment. It’s not normal behavior, whatever the reason.

How are you including your device? Are you manually excluding and including or are you using smart start. By default once you scan the code, smart start will automatically try to include the device. Depending on what you do you can easily have a device get added twice. You can also try asking the devs. Issues · zwave-js/node-zwave-js · GitHub

adding manually

1 Like