Multiple switches controlling 1 light

Hi All,

I have the following setup in my home were i can control 1 light with a wall switch ( klik aan klik uit ) and 2 remotes ( also klik aan klik uit ).

In home assistant i can see and control all 3 switches separately using “RFXtrx433E USB 433.92MHz Transceiver - RFXcom”

At the moment i see 3 separate entries in Home Assistant so if i press for example the wall switch then the assumed state is “ON” for the wall switch but “OFF” for the 2 remotes. It make sense as there is no link between them.

Question:

• Can i somehow merge the 3 entries into 1 entry ?
    If i press the wall switch, the light goes “ON”, if i press the remote afterwards the light should go “OFF” in home assistant
  • If it is not possible, can i somehow link the 3 switches together so if i press for example the wall switch, then the state of the 2 remotes should change as well?

I have looked at Sensor Template “https://home-assistant.io/components/sensor.template/” but i’m not sure if i can solve it with this.

You could set up an automation that if any of these switches are turned on it turns the others on and vice versa

Or put them in a group and turn on/off the group with the remote using an automation.

If you are talking about a physical wall switch unless the wall switch sends a message to HA you can’t do that as usually 433mhz rf is fire and forget (in that it does not return a status message for the light or switch, so HA won’t know the state of the light).

potato potahto :slight_smile:

:wink: + 10 chars

Thanks @quadmasta and @keithh666

Seems the answer was simpler then i thought…

I have created a group including the 2 remotes ( still need to add the wall switch ). then i have created 2 automation’s checking the state and calling the group on / off service.

it was not difficult to configure but in case someone is interested i have added the automation’s below.

- action:
  - alias: switch
    entity_id:
    - group.bedroom
    service: homeassistant.turn_on
  alias: Bedroom light on
  id: '1495724450487'
  trigger:
  - entity_id: switch.slaapkamer_lamp_remote1
    platform: state
    to: 'on'
  - entity_id: switch.slaapkamer_lamp_remote2