Multiroom Speaker Support (AllPlay, DLNA, ...)

Is there a way to integrate multiroom speakers other then Sonos into HAss?
Maybe speakers supporting Qualcomm’s AllPlay from brands like Hitachi, Monster, Lenco, Panasonic (see: AllJoyn) or even simpler internet radios running an DLNA server.

A little more DIY, but Home Assistant has snapcast support:

1 Like

I’m using SqueezeBoxLite deployed to RPI3’s which work pretty well tho’ the setup was/is a bit of a pain :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah, I considered that too, but I would like to avoid that pain :sweat_smile:

Squeezeboxlite + LMS is best. Easy to setup.

I swapped out the RPI’s for C.H.I.P.'s because of the wifi support plus formfactor.
The RPI3 has wifi as well but C.H.I.P. is smaller and cheaper.

Synch play in my case has zero latency.

I have 2 chips but 1 is duff as it programs but never boots :frowning:

You should ask support or return that one.

I found, that openhab has supports for alljoyn fo allplay speakers.

I was wondering whether it was possible to port that for HA.
I asked in the qualcomm forum for linux sdk for allplay. As they only have sdks for android and ios. But they are not too communicative.
If there are some people with interest, You could populate their forum as well and comment :wink:

I just bought some Hitachi WiFi speakers and the sound is really good for the price. I would love to see AllPlay integration as well.

On that topic, someone has ported one of the libraries to python and has some samples of playback and control for allplay devices(Beets plugin). I dont know why quallcom didn’t go with a existing standard, but knowing quallcom it was just to force the sales of their chips.

sadly there is one issue with this library, Its not in PyPi, but that is easily fixed

Thanks for the feedback. I just sold all my allplay equipment because I gave up. For me it is google home and chromecast for now

Is there an update to this?

1 Like

Also wondering if anyone is working on DLNA support? I recently received a Fabriq wifi/bluetooth speaker as a gift and would love to push TTS to it. I found smarthings has support after a quick google hoping for a DLNA script that I could implement into HASS.

https://www.amazon.com/FABRIQ-Portable-Bluetooth-Speaker-Amazon/dp/B01LYZAWRO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1507410729&sr=8-1&keywords=fabriq

Did you find a what to fix this? I have some AllPlay devices and would like to control them from HA.