Mushroom Cards - Build a beautiful dashboard easily 🍄 (Part 1)

Thanks so much for this! I love mushroom cards!

Anyone knows if its possible to get the shopping list as a popup?

I have added it as a chip and it would be great if i could push it without the need to navigate.

It would work if the shopping list was a entity?

Did you manage with card mode? As well all animation with rotation, blinking and etc is gone now… pitty :frowning:

Maybe just another view for you shopping list and a code like this and you could have more cards in that view:

type: custom:mushroom-chips-card
chips:
  - type: template
    icon: mdi:shopping
    tap_action:
      action: navigate
      navigation_path: shopping_list #<-- links to you special view with a shopping list card

Or you link to directly to your shopping list as stated integration discription:

type: custom:mushroom-chips-card
chips:
  - type: template
    icon: mdi:shopping
    tap_action:
      action: navigate
      navigation_path: /shopping-list #<-- links to the shopping list

That’s not so super cool as we’re discussing millions of card_mod stuff in this thread and from one second to another everyone has to search for a new solution.

old - was working excellent

card_mod: null
    style: |
      ha-card {
        box-shadow: 0px 0px;

new - is working too

styles:
      '--chip-box-shadow': none
      '--chip-background': none

But what about spinning fans and stuff. That won’t work anymore for the benefit of another custom:card (than card_mod)? Highly doubt that this should be the final solution.

1 Like

:+1: Same opinion

1 Like

Agree, had to revert my update. Everything broke :smiley:

1 Like
    styles:

where do you put this? Doesn’t work with me if I place this in stead of the style: | one

The goal of the PR is to have an ha-card at the root level like all other cards. But may be it make more sense to keep ha-card around chip. I will look what’s the best thing to do : revert it ? improve it ? keep it ?

But keep in mind that Mushroom is not focused on advanced user so I can’t guarantee any breaking change for the future.

2 Likes

Looks like it goes in the stack-in card portion, or only in vertical-stack-in cards(which I think are replaced by the stack-in card that does both horizonta/vertical)?? I’m confused a bit myself. Looks like card mod still may be required for the regular stack-in card too? Not a fan of this change so far, but maybe just not understanding it. I’m holding off on the update for now until I can get time to look closer.

type: custom:vertical-stack-in-card
styles:
  '--chip-spacing': 0
cards:
  - type: custom:mushroom-light-card
    entity: light.bed_light
  - type: custom:mushroom-chips-card
    alignment: justify
    chips:
      - type: entity
        entity: sensor.outside_temperature
        icon_color: red
      - type: entity
        entity: sensor.iphone_de_paul_battery_level
        icon_color: grey

Only for chips, a little bit complicated. Works for rest of the cards, for example - template one. Just checked

1 Like

Yeah, looks like there is confusion around which stack-in card as well according to the post on the PR. I think this one needs to be changed back for now IMO

Totally understand @piitaya, just a little confused on which stack-in card this is supposed to work with.
You’ve hit a home-run with this project, so you’ve got the basic and advanced users all using it lol.

Please revert it for now.

I know your intention in making mushroom a nice an easy package for not only yaml deep divers but as you already noticed your wonderful work is very much appreciated and well-used not only by those visual editors.

It would be a pity if in advantage for usabilty some key features that were possible yesterday are now gone.

A revert and then a rethink and a rebuild will probably be healthier than a “eat what was fed”.

Paul, we love mushroom! But we love it because you increased the customizabilty and not decreased it!

Amen! ; :wink:

1 Like

Hello @Roflcopterer, I just came across this topic and noticed that you have shared your sidebar config, would you mind sharing one of your “Rooms” code so I can use it in my own way I would have yours as an example? It’s awesome

Please keep it. At least now we don’t need to install card_mod!

Definitely to improve it :slight_smile: in order to have possibility use card mod, who wants and simple things for just non-advanced users

I pushed a release to restore the ha-card and improve card_mod usage. The only breaking change is that you have to use chip variables to override box-shadow and background.

Old style

card_mod:
        ha-card {
          box-shadow: none;
          background: none;
        }

New style

card_mod:
        ha-card {
          --chip-box-shadow: none;
          --chip-background: none;
        }
5 Likes

:+1: Thanks! Back to normal

That is wonderful! Thank you!

In case somebody doesn’t know, you can bulk rename your code-snippets to readjust to @piitaya 's changes.

• Go to you beautiful mushroom dashboard
  • 3 dots in the upper right corner → Edit Dashboard
  • 3 dots again → Raw configuration editor
  • recommended: ctrl+a → ctrl+c → open editor of your choice → ctrl+v
  • ctrl+f →

‘box-shadow’ is of course an example and you have to repeat it for ‘background’ and others.

2 Likes

This is still a bit confusing for me. I updated to 1.8.8 and the new method is working in some places, but not others.

Best I can tell, for stack-in card I need to use the old card-mod method of just “box-shadow” but for chips I need to use the new method? This means I’m now having to manage two bits of code that do the same thing for each overall card. Similar code, but just something else for my feeble mind to remember lol

Here’s what I mean (I apologize that it’s in dark mode and may be difficult to see. I tried to highlight it in red)

Working with old and new method:

Not working with new method only (see 3 chips above red line):