Mushroom Cards - Build a beautiful dashboard easily šŸ„ (Part 1)

Hello,

i have a question with the nice dashboard Mushroom.

my code
ā€˜ā€™ā€™
type: custom:mushroom-chips-card
chips:

• type: template
    entity: binary_sensor.porte_fenetre_etable_access_control_window_door_is_open_2
    icon: mdi:door-closed
    content: >-
    Porte fenetre Etable {{
    states(ā€˜sensor.fibaro_door_window_sensor_2_air_temperatureā€™) }}Ā°
  • type: entity
    entity: binary_sensor.porte_fenetre_etable_access_control_window_door_is_open_2
    icon_color: green
    name: Etable
    use_entity_picture: true
    alignment: center
    ā€˜ā€™ā€™

i would like add the temperature, is only with the type: template.
Is not working the window is open and the icon dont change.
With the type: entity is working is not possible include the temperature.

Have you idea for me ?

Regards

Brian

Stupid question? Is the sink light on?

The example template I posted above shows the badge icon if the entity is ā€˜onā€™ and doesnā€™t the badge if the light is ā€˜offā€™.

The code you posted works totally fine for me with my light entity ā€˜light.arbeitszimmerā€™.

light off:

light on:

Although icon_color: |- disabled is not totally correct as you only use |- if you have multiline templates it doesnā€™t do any harm.

So what if this code isnā€™t working?

Please use proper code tag image to show what you have and what should ā€œhow to merge to cardā€ mean?

yes @RodgerDodger it is on. Iā€™ve toggle the switch several times and nothing really happens. Iā€™ve used with a different entity light and same thingā€¦no badge.
Do you need anything in addition to the mushroom-card add on ?

I dont get it why itā€™s not workingā€¦

Sorry, buddy, but I have no clueā€¦except maybe one last ideaā€¦

Have you copy pasted the code into your card somewhere or were going via visual editor and are those fance new options already there? I had to delete browser cache after upgrading to the new mushroom version.

And one more last idea:

Is sthe state of your lights correctly reported in Developer Tools and have you tried with another light entity? What does the editor say if you pase in the code into a standalone manual card?

Hereā€™S everything fine and no, mushroom-card is no add on? Have you installed the mushroom card repository correctly via HACS or manually as stated in the GitHub Repo?

Yes I did try with another entity, and Iā€™ve check that the entity state changes. Iā€™ve created the card manually with the ā€œmanual cardā€ā€¦ nothing. Deleted the cacheā€¦nothingā€¦ Mushroom card was installed via HACS and apparently all works but this (that I really really needed :))

Itā€™s one of life great mysteries :slight_smile:

Thanks for your time !!! Iā€™ll let you and the community know when I find out whatā€™s wrong!

Try like this:

type: custom:mushroom-template-card
primary: Test Light
secondary: testing badges
icon: mdi:face-man
entity: light.sink_light
badge_icon: |-
  {% if is_state(entity, 'on') %}
    mdi:lightbulb          
  {% endif %}
icon_color: disabled
badge_color: |-
  {% if is_state(entity, 'on') %}
    amber         
  {% endif %}
1 Like

Now that we have icon badges:

If youā€™re using the Mail & Packages integration, you can use the badge to show the number of packages deliveredā€¦

badge_icon: >
          {% if states('sensor.mail_packages_delivered')|int > 0 %} 
            {{ 'mdi:numeric-' + states('sensor.mail_packages_delivered') + '-circle' }}
          {% endif %}
        badge_color: orange
15 Likes

Love your design Sean. Can you share where you got the images from please?

Thanks!

2 Likes

For me itā€™s working with:

{% if is_state('group.light', 'on') %}
  mdi:lightbulb          
{% elif is_state('group.light', 'off') %}
{% endif %}

It is the third Dashboard i am building. It was never so easy and intuitive. Thanks a lot for your work!

I also tried to include some cards via yaml & minimalist but i canā€™t get it to work. Is there a guide how to add card (e.g. the room cards are cool) to the dashboard? Thanks in advance

Hey everyone,

I was wondering if anyone would know how to set up a separate device for audio control on the media card?
My current setup is an AppleTV with the HDMI audio output set to the AVR (which is it is plugged into). The card is currently set up for the AppleTV and I have had to set up a separate card below for the AVR to control the audio level. When I use the audio controls on the AppleTV card I receive the following error: ā€˜Failed to call service media_player/volumesetā€™. I have tried to define a second device in the code of the card itself but I only receive errors so Iā€™m presuming I would need to edit the YAML for that card but I canā€™t seem to find it. Any help would be appreciated.

1 Like

thank u for your interest i found the solution in valdorama post but how to increase font size in icon badges

Maybe you can create a media player which combines your 2 media player into one : Universal Media Player - Home Assistant ?
The cards are just a reflect on the HA entities. Front-end must not solve integration issues.

Awesome, that looks like a good solution. As long as I can link that back to the mushroom media card that should work great.

@RodgerDodger got it !! Today I got an update to version Mushroom cards 1.10.0.
Wasnā€™t available in HACS since today. All is working with your code. Thanks for the time and support!

Glad to hear that and youā€™re welcome!

That you havenā€™t already installed the needed update wasnā€™t on my possible-bug-list. :wink:

1 Like

Hello

is possible use the mushroom chips card with type template and the entity binary sensor door?
Because the door is open but the icon dont change.
I have create another with the chips card with type entity binary sensor door is working.

@RodgerDodger do you know if there away to have an image instead of an icon in the mushroom-template-card ?