Mutli-Room Audio Player

Multi-Room audio without mopidy, snapcast, etc.

Requirements:

• VLC Player installed on endpoints
  • Home Assistant
  • browser_mod
  • lovelace-multiple-entity-row
  • google tts integration

I’ve developed a fully working multi-room player “MRP” that also does chimed announcements:

Card:
Radio ‘Mode’:

Announcement ‘Mode’:

I have created it as a package, you will be able to find it shortly on my Github

[EDIT 22 May 2024 (ya, I know … sorry it’s been so long)]
The original concept has been ‘cleaned up’, but the basics are still there. I’ve since changed the base card into a custom button card, and a single-click will open the settings popup [provided by browser-mod].

I use the docker containers to set up streams to icecast for the sources, so take a look at those. If you can pipe your audio to vlc, you can send it to icecast, and then to your endpoint(s).

Let me know what y’all think!

2 Likes

I’m OK with HA, but I am interested in this.

Are there detailed install instructions?

I was looking at the files on Guthub. Is this ONLY for radio stations? Can we use other media inputs such as Spotify, Chromecast, etc.?

unfortunately the link doesn’t work anymore.

I never realized anyone would be even remotely interested in this; I’m reworking it now, and will edit the OP to have the right link

1 Like

@reotto, @captaincanada You can find my hass config at my github repo, here.

I also have the docker container setups I use to stream music as a source to the media_player entities as repos.

1 Like

Here is a link to a command-line based spotify client(???): https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/spotify. I guess you can do something similar to what I did with pianobar and push it to icecast too…