My 43in Touchscreen Wall Mounted Dashboard

Earlier this year, I finally pulled the triggers and bought a 43" touch screen Tablet/TV to display my Home Assistant dashboard. Its main use case is displaying (12) 1080p security camera feeds using Go2RTC addon for real-time video. I’m also running the Frigate & Button cards to instantly display the last person detected on every security camera along with the time since the person was detected.

Due to the large number of video feeds, I couldn’t use the built-in Android OS included on the TV. The system resources to display all the video feeds just wasn’t enough. Even a Raspberry Pi 4 couldn’t handle the (12) video streams, so I ended up using a small Windows mini PC to power the screen.

I’m turning the TV on/off using Frigate and a Broadlink IR adapter. Frigate detects a person and sends a command to the Broadlink IR blaster to turn on the TV. After 20 minutes of not detecting a person, the IR blaster sends another signal to turn off the display.

Youtube Video: My 43in Home Assistant Wall Tablet Setup - YouTube

Home Assistant Cards & Addons:

I’ve also included a list of the hardware used in the setup:

This is only my second YouTube video and I still have lots to improve on production wise. I’m hoping to inspire others to build upon my ideas for other interesting projects in the future. Free free to post any questions!

8 Likes

43 foot? HUGE.

2 Likes

Very cool and nicely done! Do you keep the mini pc behind the screen or is it routed to a network room/closet?

It’s nudged behind the screen for now. I haven’t thought about running a HDMI extender and placing the mini PC somewhere else, but that’s a good idea.