My BK7231N (BK7231T) RGBCW LED driver now compatible with Home Assistant by MQTT

Hey all,
as some of you might already know, I am making open source firmware for Bekken chips (BK7231N, BK7231T, etc, WB3S, WB2S) that allows to pair new Tuya devices with Home Assistant. Here is my respository:

Today I have written a RGBCW LED driver that is compatible with Home Assistant RGBCW system.
I am using configuration yaml with following commands:

• rgb_command_template
  • brightness_value_template
  • color_temp_value_template
  • etc.

and it gives me a nice separate RGB and CW controls along with Dimming slider in Home Assistant.
More details, whole setup guide with photos (showing how to flash BK7231N and more) is here:
https://www.elektroda.com/rtvforum/viewtopic.php?p=19938487#19938487
And remember, if you have any Bekken devices you’d like to pair with Home Assistant, just send me a message on the forum above. I am actively developing new features and utilities for making Bekken modules compatible with HA. More to come soon, stay tuned!

2 Likes

I’m following you work on GitHub, and I’d like to thank you for this initiative.

I’m wrestling for day with this guy here: Tuya S11 Smart RF + IR

It has a BK7231N, so I still have some hope :grinning:
It’s a cool device, has all the features that I was looking for, but none work as I need.
It’d be amazing to have OpenBK7231N on it.

Here some info about the module
Cbu module datasheet

1 Like

Did you manage to flash it?
I don’t have IR support yet, but it’s on TODO list.

What kind of features do you need?

1 Like

Would the same work with BL2028N chip? This seller site seems to hint that they equivalent.

Hi ! I’m really interested because I own the same device. Really efficient except it can’t be used directly with HomeAssistant. I had to configure it on Tuya Smart and make different scenes to make it work. I don’t know how to help in this case.

hi, I also have bk7231t IR device, have someone manage to flash it to use it directly from home assistant without Tuya & scenes

need your support please