My Garden Irrigation

@klogg i am not sure i understand, what’s the idea with the Remote Control ?

It is simply a way that I use to run one or more zones using a cheap remote control button that communicates over 433MHz. It’s just another way to start watering one or more zones. We actually use it more than the manual cycle and rarely use a schedule unless we go on holiday (what are they?).

It won’t be something everyone wants or needs and if you have the Remote Control setting off you shouldn’t see any difference anywhere.

If you have it switched on

You should be able to set the time for a remote control run

It is a simple automation that should be self explanatory if you use 433 anywhere else.

And yes… I know, the docs are rubbish. I have barely touched the readme since I first wrote it. I can only apologise for that.

I hope that helps

Hi… I cannot find Sun2. You write i can unse core sun component - what to do here?

" sun2. This is a custom component (installable through HACS) that provides lots of solar information and creates binary_sensor.above_horizon which is used in the graphs.

However, if you prefer, you could easily provide your own binary_sensor using the core Sun component. The state of sun.sun is either above_horizon or below_horizon."

Got it thx, i undersand now,

another question, how does one get hold of a API key for SmartWeather ? Can’t seem to find anything about it.

Sun2 is available in HACS using the custom repository
pnbruckner/ha-sun2: Home Assistant Sun2 Sensor (github.com)

Look here:
SmartWeather - Get local weather data combined with AI powered Forecast - Share your Projects! - Home Assistant Community (home-assistant.io)

Hi klogg,

I gave up.
I wanted to run a manual schedule using a physical button.
I did it on the example of garden_dash_button.yaml. The schedule starts correctly. However, I cannot turn off this schedule with a physical button.
The file garden_dash_button.yaml shows that calling the script irrigation_dash again should disable the schedule. Unfortunately, the schedule continues. I do this at Node-RED.
Maybe you can tell me how to turn off the schedule, like the red button does?

Thank you very much and best regards.

I have updated to the latest version but the following error persists:

[homeassistant.components.automation.irrigation_create_groups] irrigation_create_groups: Error executing script. Service not found for call_service at pos 1: Unable to find service group.set
2021-05-24 11:26:29 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.automation.irrigation_create_groups] Error while executing automation automation.irrigation_create_groups: Unable to find service group.set

The groups are not created and consequently the instructions referring to them are not executed.

From what I have read since October 2020 the group.set service has been removed.

I apologize if the subject has been dealt with, but browsing the forum I have not found recent references on that subject.

Thanks and congratulations to Klogg.

The Dash button example is very old and really relates to Version 1 and I don’t use Dash buttons anymore. I should probably remove all references to them.

I also don’t ever stop watering using my remote control button but it shouldn’t be hard to implement that. I will try to find time to help you if you are still interested.

I have not heard about the group.set service being removed. where did you read this?

I use it here and elsewhere and it is still available in the Dev Tools

Finding the error I started looking and found this page:

I misinterpreted the breaking-change and checking better in my configuration I didn’t have the “group” integration well configured.

After fixing this issue I no longer have the error in the logs and the groups are created correctly.

Thanks for your availability Klogg!

I want to put a button on the irrigation controller so that my mother-in-law can start the manual program while we are on vacation.
I wish I could disable the schedule after accidentally running it.
If this is not a problem for you, I will be very grateful for your help.
Greetings.

Whats this? How to correct?

Next Problem:

I try to start the first cycle, nothing happens first, after a few seconds the manual cycle starts and this occurs in the log…

??? Any ideas? :smiley:

i have the same issue, with browser_mod, and it’s not strictly related to my garden irrigation.
I have the same error in the logs, due to the additional components installed via HACS - browser_mod
i’m looking for a solution too

It is a long time since I looked at the code for this package in any detail. That is partly because of a lack of time over the last few months but also for me at least, it all just works.

However I am fairly certain that to cancel a cycle all you need to do is call script_irrigation_cancel_irrigation with the data cycle and zone.

The code that does it from the UI (using the stop button) can be found in item_cycle_header.yaml
(bear in mind that this is javascript so the syntax format will be slightly different to a jinja template)

service: script.irrigation_cancel_irrigation
      service_data:
        cycle: cycle3
        zone: >
          [[[
            if (states['timer.irrigation_zone1_timer'].state == 'active')
              return 'zone1';
            else if (states['timer.irrigation_zone2_timer'].state == 'active')
              return 'zone2';
            else if (states['timer.irrigation_zone3_timer'].state == 'active')
              return 'zone3';
            else if (states['timer.irrigation_zone4_timer'].state == 'active')
              return 'zone4';
            else if (states['timer.irrigation_zone5_timer'].state == 'active')
              return 'zone5';
            else if (states['timer.irrigation_zone6_timer'].state == 'active')
              return 'zone6';
            else if (states['timer.irrigation_zone7_timer'].state == 'active')
              return 'zone7';
            else if (states['timer.irrigation_zone8_timer'].state == 'active')
              return 'zone8';
            else if (states['timer.irrigation_zone9_timer'].state == 'active')
              return 'zone9';
            else if (states['timer.irrigation_zone10_timer'].state == 'active')
              return 'zone10';
            else if (states['timer.irrigation_zone11_timer'].state == 'active')
              return 'zone11';
            else if (states['timer.irrigation_zone12_timer'].state == 'active')
              return 'zone12';
            else if (states['timer.irrigation_zone13_timer'].state == 'active')
              return 'zone13';
            else if (states['timer.irrigation_zone14_timer'].state == 'active')
              return 'zone14';
            else if (states['timer.irrigation_zone15_timer'].state == 'active')
              return 'zone15';
            else if (states['timer.irrigation_zone16_timer'].state == 'active')
              return 'zone16';
            else
              return 'none';
          ]]]

Hopefully this is enough for you to be able to add a cancel function to your remote control.

Don’t forget that you can use the setting to not turn on the valves so you can test without actually watering anything!

I hope this helps

Thank you very much for your time. When I get home, I’ll check it.
Greetings.

Yes, yes, yes, it works. Thank you very much.
I changed it to jinja template. I also used some code from the Dash button example. Works great.
Thanks again.

1 Like

Hi, sry for my late answer. no i have more than one valve. Just make other switch templates for the other zones and combine it with the pump and/or moisture sensor.

1 Like

Hi,
got the same problem - had to change “trigger_time” to “trigger.now.strftime(’%H:%M’)” in file garden_irrigation_triggered.yaml