name: Number of days history to use
    - entity: input_number.irrigation_days_of_rainfall_history_used

to:

- !include
    - item_settings_line.yaml
    - name: Number of days history to use
      entity: input_number.irrigation_days_of_rainfall_history_used
1 Like

@klogg it seems this code return always UNKNOWN instead default values CYCLE 1 NAME, CYCLE 2 NAME, CYCLE 3 NAME:

name: “[[[ var entity_id = ‘input_text.irrigation_cycle1_name’; return states[entity_id].state.toUpperCase(); ]]]”

name: “[[[ var entity_id = ‘input_text.irrigation_cycle2_name’; return states[entity_id].state.toUpperCase(); ]]]”

name: “[[[ var entity_id = ‘input_text.irrigation_cycle3_name’; return states[entity_id].state.toUpperCase(); ]]]”

I’d like to do something like this:

- ../../includes/button_boolean_select.yaml
      - entity: input_boolean.irrigation_show_cycle3
        {% if states[input_text.irrigation_cycle3_name].state.toUpperCase() == "UNKNOWN" %}
        name: "MANUAL CYCLE"
        {% else %}
        name: "[[[ return states[input_text.irrigation_cycle3_name].state.toUpperCase(); ]]]"
        {% endif %}
        card_font_size: 16px
        card_font_family: Oswald

but I get error.

usefull for new installation

Yeah, that won’t work.
I think the only way to do it is in an automation.

I’ve updated the file garden_ui_control.yaml on github, hopefully that should work.

1 Like

It works perfectly! Very usefull for a new fresh installation!

1 Like

Hi @klogg, first I’ve to said your work is fantastic!
I’ve found your first garden system " Logic processing and other issues" and the the new one.
I have the same old Gardena 6 water distributor and I’m looking to have a single eletrovalve that open/close in order to use 4 or 5 water zone in our garden (under Her Majesty The Wife supervision).
Do you think it’s possible to use your latest HA-Irrigation-Version1 only with just one valve and 4 or 5 zones? Could you help me about the changes I need to do in your code?
Thanks a lot!

HI @klogg there is another missing point:
in dark sky you forgot to include also:

- minutely_summary
1 Like

Now updated. Thank you.

As I have said I will not be updating Version 1.

If the Gardena valve works as I think it does then I am not sure you need to use my system at all. Am I right in thinking that when you turn it on it waters all of your zones one by one and the time for each zone is programmed in the Gardena?

If that is right then I think you would just need a simple automation to turn it on and off.

The Gardena 6 way water distributor changes water way every time the valve closes and reopens. I’m going to use a membrane electric valve in combination with Sonoff/Shelly that will give current to open the valve for x minutes, they’ll cut down and restart… I’ve seen you had this two years ago.
But your new integration has control over rainfall and the weather, so I think it’ll work better…

Hi, can someone help me?

I’ve set all (I think) except smartweather i don’t want to use now.
I’ve set only one mqtt switch valve called: switch.zone1_valve

But If I try to execute ,for example, manual cycle I get error:

• irrigation_start_timer: Error executing script. Invalid data for call_service at pos 5: not a valid value for dictionary value @ data[‘entity_id’]

• irrigation_stop_irrigation: Error executing script. Invalid data for call_service at pos 3: not a valid value for dictionary value @ data[‘entity_id’]

• irrigation_start_zone: Error executing script. Invalid data for call_service at pos 2: not a valid value for dictionary value @ data[‘entity_id’]

• irrigation_irrigate_a_zone: Error executing script. Invalid data for call_service at pos 3: not a valid value for dictionary value @ data[‘entity_id’]

I don’t know now if it is a problem cause of NON setting up of smartweather or other. Any suggest?

Also can someone explain me how to remove ALL dependency from smartweaher for safe?

Thsnks

I get exactly the same errors…

The valves open, but don’t close.

@itajackass. @mattee6,
Before I try to help can I just ask you to confirm that you have the latest version of all the files from https://github.com/kloggy/HA-Irrigation-Version2 and not from the old ‘archive’ repository.

@matt, The same error as who? I don’t think this is the same as @itajackass

@itajackass, Nothing should be affected by not using SmartWeather apart from maybe some things in the UI.

Hi, yes i confirm I using latest version.
I’ve a fresh HA installation on a new NUC and actually i’ve set all HACS plugin requisite. Also i’ve added sensor time. The problem iscthat valve don’t open. I get error, it seems, my zone5_valve (it is the name used for my mqtt switch) is not passed to the script…

Have you updated the switch name in the UI by tapping on the zone name??

Hey Klogg, is this bit correct?

To be honest all I can say is that it seems to work.
I am still finding my way with ESPHome so I am open to suggestions as to why it might be wrong or what it should be. :slight_smile:

I did test it with a shorter failsafe time than the runtime and the switch turned off and the system shut down as expected.

@klogg
Apologies i’m also learning quite a bit.

The code snippet i’m referring to. Is it being added in HA or on the esp device? Trying to establish where this piece fit in. HA doesn’t like this when doing “Check Configuration”

Oh! Ha! Yes that is my ESPHome config for the ESP32 board. It was a reply to the post above where I was answering a request from MShip.

It doesn’t go anywhere in your HA config.

Ops… I omitted switch.

I set only the name zone5_valve! Thanks!

Maybe you can put a little text note with: Example “switch.valve_1”