My Garden Irrigation

@klogg

Ops my second fault today :frowning_face:

I have created the resources.yaml file, but I’ve not included in configuration.yaml

Schermata 2020-04-29 alle 19.09.09

browser_mod: is already in config and I’ve removed from resources

Almost there…

I found that this error is caused by input_text.irrigation_previous_total_watering_time that was unknown.
I’ve manually set (from States) to any value (10 in my case) and the error message disappeared.

So now I’m here

What can I check to understand why I have all that unknown and how can I fix it?

Three things you can do to start with:

1. Set up Oswald font. Everything will display better with it.
  2. It looks like you don’t have the Dark Sky weather sensor set up correctly
  3. Click on the zone ‘unknown’ and you should be able to change the details for it

See the prerequisites for more details about these things.

Hi @klogg

Thanks for the suggestions! Sorry to bother you…

1. it is already set the font in the resources section
resources:
  - url: https://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Oswald
    type: css
  1. darksky was already in place, this was my config
  - platform: darksky
    api_key: !secret darksky_api_key
    language: it
    forecast:
    scan_interval:
      minutes: 5
    monitored_conditions:
      - summary
      - icon
      - nearest_storm_distance
      - nearest_storm_bearing
      - apparent_temperature
      - pressure
      - precip_type
      - precip_intensity
      - precip_probability
      - precip_accumulation
      - precip_intensity_max
      - humidity
      - wind_speed
      - visibility
      - wind_bearing
      - temperature
      - cloud_cover
      - daily_summary
      - hourly_summary
      - minutely_summary 
      - uv_index
      - temperature_high
      - temperature_low
      - apparent_temperature_high
      - apparent_temperature_low

but now I’ve changed to minimal as in the prerequisites, without any different result

- platform: darksky
    api_key: !secret darksky_api_key
    forecast:
    monitored_conditions:
      - temperature_high
      - minutely_summary
  1. I’ve clicked on some part of the screen and I was able to change some values, but not on all the unknown (especially on the left side of the screen).

One strange thing is this, I have two HA tabs in the browser, one with the dashboard and one with the terminal (inside HA).
When I click on an item that is supposed to show a popup, the popup opens on the other tab.

I made a short video to show this

Is it possible to choose how many zones the project can manage? Should I change something in the code or is it possible to choose it in the panels?

I’m not sure you have read all of the prerequisites fully… :wink:

1. There is no need to reduce the darksky sensor, I have just showed what the minimum is, but you will need to change a couple of lines of code or your sensor name.
  2. Choose the GENERAL options and then click on ‘Number of zones defined’.
  3. Popups will always appear on the most recent browser tab. There is nothing anyone can do about this. It is also documented in the Github for browser_mod.
  4. On the GENERAL settings page check that the ‘User Interface font’ is set to ‘Oswald’. If you don’t have that option then I suspect that you don’t have the latest version. I have recently made improvements to set some default values and am currently planning on expanding that section to make it easier for first use setup.

Ok for 1. and 3. ! I’ve read carefully the prerequisites page, but not so good the main installation page! :wink:

In the General tab I don’t see Number of Zones as well as the User Interfaace Font

From the prerequisites…

Secondly,

You need to edit one line in section_settings_temperature.yaml in order to show the temperature graph.

In the custom:mini-graph-card find the line:

- entity: sensor.dark_sky_forecast_daytime_high_temperature_0d

and change it to:

- entity: sensor.dark_sky_daytime_high_temperature_0d

The file section_settings_general.yaml needs sensor.esphome_irrigation_controller_wifi_signal .

The settings page will not display correctly without it. (I have just seen the changes for the latest button-card v3.3.1 and I am not sure if this statement is still correct).

If you do not have this sensor simply delete (or comment) this section of that file.

#=== Irigation controller WiFi signal strength
- !include
  - item_settings_line.yaml
  - entity: sensor.esphome_irrigation_controller_wifi_signal
    name: Irrigation Controller WiFi Signal Strength
    tap_action: none

Thanks again.

The darksky stuff was already done.

I’ve found that my darksky sensors do not have the _forecast_ and _current_ words inside of them, so I have removed from my installation, in each of the 3 files I’ve found.

For the sensor.esphome_irrigation_controller_wifi_signal I’ve created, compiled and flashed the yaml file similar to yours with exactly the sensor name written in it, but I don’t know why the sensors and switches defined are not being created in HA.

I don’t know if MY issue is that I have active two HA each with an installation of ESPHome.
I’ve compiled it from the same HA where I am testing Garden Irrigation.
In any case, strangely, does not appear in the production HA either. :open_mouth:

Now I have commented that !include block

I stil don’t see the font field…

What about the two unknown on the left, what should be shown on the red and yellow ones?

Thanks!!!

You’ve done really a GREAT job!!!

Do you have the latest button-card?

I just found an issue that I think may be related to the new way it checks entity states because after I upgraded my button-card I also had an issue. Can you add the last line of this snippet to section_status_header.yaml

#==================
#=== STATUS HEADER
#==================
type: vertical-stack
cards:

- type: entities
    entities:
      - type: divider
    style: >
      ha-card {
        background: none;
        margin-top: -1em;
        margin-bottom: -1.25em;
      }

- type: custom:stack-in-card
    mode: horizontal
    keep:
      margin: true
      border_radius: true
    cards:
      - type: horizontal-stack
        cards:

#=== NEXT RUN DETAILS
          - type: custom:button-card
            entity: input_text.irrigation_current_status
            name: >
              [[[
                if (states['input_boolean.irrigation_master_control_switch'].state == 'off')
                  return 'SYSTEM IS OFF';
                else
                  var time_now = states['sensor.time'].state;
                  var cycle1_sched = states['input_boolean.irrigation_cycle1_schedule_enabled'].state;
                  var cycle2_sched = states['input_boolean.irrigation_cycle2_schedule_enabled'].state;
                  var cycle1_time = states['input_datetime.irrigation_cycle1_start_time'].state.substr(0, 5);
                  var cycle2_time = states['input_datetime.irrigation_cycle2_start_time'].state.substr(0, 5);
                  var cycle1_name = states['input_text.irrigation_cycle1_name'].state;
                  var cycle2_name = states['input_text.irrigation_cycle2_name'].state;
                  var cycle3_name = states['input_text.irrigation_cycle3_name'].state;

I have updated the GitHub too.

button-card is the last version, 3.3.2

I’m on HA 0.108.9

I’ve added last line, but it seems there is no change

@klogg when you updated the repository can you report the lines of code affected by the changes?

I’m still confused as to why your font is working properly but…

What happens if you run a Manual Cycle?
Set the zone durations to something like 3 minutes and turn on Testing Mode to make it seconds.

At the moment I’m making lots of little changes all over the place. I only upload these occasionally to GitHub. In cases where there are uploads due to actual bugs as in the last post I will note it here in the forum.

Once I have a ‘final’ version I expect I will simply delete all the current files and upload the new ones.

I realise that is not ideal but I don’t know enough about GitHub to be able to be confident enough to upload the project automatically without inadvertently uploading any of my private info.

I’m afraid I’m going to have to suggest that at least until the final version is uploaded you keep a note of any changes you make.

Although I believe GitHub will show you a history of all changes for each file.

I’ve solved the ESPHome issue, so now I’m trying directly on the ESP with relays.
So now I have restored the !include for the wifi signal

Doing manual cycle and it’s working really well!!

I’ve done without testing mode with just one minute per each zone and now all the “unknown” are gone,

Really odd for the User interface font
I’ve searched within all your files for “User interface font” (also for just interface) but nothing is found except for README.md and prerequisites.md

Good!

Yes, the font is weird. I’ll think about it but maybe as you are at the early stages you might want to take all the latest files from GitHub and start again?

1 Like

I will do it later today…

What about the _forecast_ and _current_ for darksky ?

I’ve restored my previous one (not the minimal) but there are none of that words in the sensor name.

In the meantime I will “play” and see, especially for the rainfall part.

I might use a Netatmo Public weather station to get current, 1hr and 24hr rain info.

Thanks again!

No because mine are renamed. Again it is all in the prerequisites :slight_smile:

1 Like

What do you me install an irrigation system?

The project that has developed @klogg or the hardware ?

Sorry, I will try explaining me better.
I would like to implement the project developed by @klogg in my hassio. My hardware configuration consists in a 4 channels sonoff. I read that the version 2 of this project is based on esp hardware. Is it possible to use it with a 4ch sonoff?

I also would like to know if it is possibile to exclude the rainfall and temperature settings because I don’t need this feature in my project.

Thank you for your awesome work, Great job!

If you need info about “hardware” I suggest:

Irrigatori popup (Hunter or Rain Bird) + ugelli R-VAN Rain Bird
+elettrovalvole 24VAC (rain bird or Hunter) + collettore 1"

If you need other info about it please send me a pvt i’ll answer to you in italian

I am in the same situation: a sonoff 4ch pro and i don’t need rainfall etc…

For sonoff no problem, you can assign a switch name for each channel, then use the syntax:

switch.name_of_the_valve

And assign it inside @klogg script when you select the number of zone to use