My Garden Irrigation

@klogg when you updated the repository can you report the lines of code affected by the changes?

I’m still confused as to why your font is working properly but…

What happens if you run a Manual Cycle?
Set the zone durations to something like 3 minutes and turn on Testing Mode to make it seconds.

At the moment I’m making lots of little changes all over the place. I only upload these occasionally to GitHub. In cases where there are uploads due to actual bugs as in the last post I will note it here in the forum.

Once I have a ‘final’ version I expect I will simply delete all the current files and upload the new ones.

I realise that is not ideal but I don’t know enough about GitHub to be able to be confident enough to upload the project automatically without inadvertently uploading any of my private info.

I’m afraid I’m going to have to suggest that at least until the final version is uploaded you keep a note of any changes you make.

Although I believe GitHub will show you a history of all changes for each file.

I’ve solved the ESPHome issue, so now I’m trying directly on the ESP with relays.
So now I have restored the !include for the wifi signal

Doing manual cycle and it’s working really well!!

I’ve done without testing mode with just one minute per each zone and now all the “unknown” are gone,

Really odd for the User interface font
I’ve searched within all your files for “User interface font” (also for just interface) but nothing is found except for README.md and prerequisites.md

Good!

Yes, the font is weird. I’ll think about it but maybe as you are at the early stages you might want to take all the latest files from GitHub and start again?

1 Like

I will do it later today…

What about the _forecast_ and _current_ for darksky ?

I’ve restored my previous one (not the minimal) but there are none of that words in the sensor name.

In the meantime I will “play” and see, especially for the rainfall part.

I might use a Netatmo Public weather station to get current, 1hr and 24hr rain info.

Thanks again!

No because mine are renamed. Again it is all in the prerequisites :slight_smile:

1 Like

What do you me install an irrigation system?

The project that has developed @klogg or the hardware ?

Sorry, I will try explaining me better.
I would like to implement the project developed by @klogg in my hassio. My hardware configuration consists in a 4 channels sonoff. I read that the version 2 of this project is based on esp hardware. Is it possible to use it with a 4ch sonoff?

I also would like to know if it is possibile to exclude the rainfall and temperature settings because I don’t need this feature in my project.

Thank you for your awesome work, Great job!

If you need info about “hardware” I suggest:

Irrigatori popup (Hunter or Rain Bird) + ugelli R-VAN Rain Bird
+elettrovalvole 24VAC (rain bird or Hunter) + collettore 1"

If you need other info about it please send me a pvt i’ll answer to you in italian

I am in the same situation: a sonoff 4ch pro and i don’t need rainfall etc…

For sonoff no problem, you can assign a switch name for each channel, then use the syntax:

switch.name_of_the_valve

And assign it inside @klogg script when you select the number of zone to use

Sonoff is ok, you can also flash it with ESPHome and use the configuration you can find some posts above and will be fully integrated with HA and have some failsafe protection

You need the power supply that fits the sprinklers.

You can leave the project as it is without using rainfall and temperature, even if you see as part of the settings. You can enable or disable using this when you define the schedules

Hi @klogg another suggest for compatibility with sonoff with tasmota. A separate file, example, garden_tasmota_enable.yaml with a boolean inside. If True, then before a switch.on command you can send the command to set PULSETIME like version 1,if false, this command is skipped

So, there are some advantages by flashing my sonoff with ESPHome? Now mine are flashed with tasmota but if it’s easier the implantation with ESPHome I can easily use it.

Hi, i don’t understand very well pro and cons about using tasmota sonoff 4ch and a sonoff 4ch with esphome… What is better? If you prefer send me a pvt in italian i can answer with my telegram if you like

If it’s possible I also would like to ask directly to you. Can you send me your telegram?

Just take a look here at klogg configuration for ESPHome.

He has an ESP32, but you have just to modify the info about the board as described here.

1 Like

A little question about esphome. If one day i’ll decide to change password or namecof my wifi router… I need to reflash esphome with new values inside all my sonoff or there is a way like tasmota and wifi_manager to connect to sonoff as AP and change it using GUI?

UPDATE: after reading the code, i think ap: is what i’m looking for.

Question 2: what is lambda inside the code!?

Yes that is right.

It is the C++ equivalent of a template. I think ESPHome converts the code to C++ but I am not 100% sure

Another question, looking inside the code, i don’t find a block for mqtt config… So my question is: how sonoff with esphome communicate with HA? with tasmota i use mqtt… And here?!