My Garden Irrigation

So I have setup the sensor for yesterday like you advised and its working. The Netatmo sensor for “today rain summary” reset is self at 23:59 therefore the update of Rain yesterday needs to be done before - thats why the automation is at 23:45. Then in your code I changed the update time to 23:47.

#============
#=== Sensor yesterday
#============
input_number:
  rain_yesterday:
    name: Rain yesterday
    unit_of_measurement: "mm"
    min: 0
    max: 100
    icon: mdi:weather-pouring

#=================
# === Automations update sensor yesterday on time
#=================
automation:
  - alias: Update rain sensor yesterday
    trigger:
      - platform: time
        at: '23:45:00'
    action:
      - service: input_number.set_value
        data_template:
          entity_id: input_number.rain_yesterday
          value: "{{ states.sensor.netatmo_netatmo_rain_gauge_sum_rain_24.state }}"
  #===============================================================
  #=== Cycle rainfall history figures for the four previous days.
  #===============================================================
  - alias: Irrigation Rainfall Nightly Update
    trigger: 
      - platform: time
        at: "23:47:00"
1 Like

@Athan - I’m busy moving over to your 16ch branch and noticed the branch is a few minor changes behind.

Are you planning on doing an update or can we mix / match some of the files?

Hi @ekkesa
I’ll back from holidays next week and I’ll update it to the latest changes

Thank you! No rush - Enjoy the holiday!

1 Like

Found this anomaly as well. Seems the details of last run only shows the first 8 zones yet history shows all the zones.

Found another interesting UI anomaly. The first 3 zone shows the minutes selected, but from zone 4 on it does not show the slider value.

Someone can tell me why if I upgrade Hassio from version 0.112.4 to version 0.114.3, My garden doesn’t work anymore. Thank you.

@baringia There were some major changes in 0.113.x which affected this packages - If you scroll a bit back in the history of this thread you will get a lot of info about it. Just update to the newest version and all should be good.

Hi Herman. I manage to remotely update 16 zones to the latest updates from Klogg.

Woohoo! Awesome - Thank you so much… :pray:

Pardon my ignorance on how github works but do I just pull all your files and replace existing files or just the ones that show as merged?

@klogg - The time calculation still seem a bit off. If I calculate the minutes in the cycle by hand it comes to 16mins. but the calculated run time shows about 7 mins duration. I’m currently using the 16ch branch by @Athan, but I believe it should not have an impact. The zones currently in use is still within the first 8 zones.

Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thank you!

I recently moved to the 16ch branch - Just ripped and replaced all the files. Afterwards I edited the notifications file again to suit my needs (Telegram).

All settings were retained for the configured zones which were in place before the upgrade.

1 Like

Hello everybody,

After reading the instructions several times, I realize what I was doing wrong.
One letter too many in the configuration.
How should I continue?

What do I have to rename?
How can I integrate dark sky?
It kind of doesn’t work for me
I am very grateful if you could help me!!

How do you edit notifications file (garden_notifications.yaml) to work with Telegram!? Could you share?

Thank you :slight_smile:

It was posted earlier in this thread - I adapted it from there. Just scroll back up and you will find it.

Dark Sky is a sensor so you need to add sensor above the dark sky platform…like below or in your sensor structure

sensor:

• platform: darksky
    api_key: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    units: auto
    scan_interval:
    minutes: 720
    forecast:

It’s also in the Prerequisites under notifications as stated by Klogg below, which there is a link that takes you to the page in this thread how to configure it.

1 Like

I saw it. But Im newbie, so I merge it’s part into garden_notifications.yaml. I dont know config anymore and Telegram bot not work (I inserted telegram code in config yaml with chat_id bot, and I can use telegram_bot.send_message send the message). If, you can, pls show me. Tks