My Garden Irrigation

Well… yes your explanation now makes sense.
But not what is happening!

I have no idea off the top of my head why you should be seeing that.

Do you plan to take the latest files off GitHub? If so let me know if you still see that behaviour after.

I uploaded the files this afternoon to see if that makes a different but it dose not, all looks good and working as well except that strange issue, so at a stump here but as you say summer is more or less over here as well so may not be worth it at this time, i may have to reload the whole package to see if that rectify’s the issue at some point.

Update…

After reloading the packages folder back to the config all seems to be working great ie: irrigation not starting on restart now ? i’ve also loaded the updated lovelace files and no issues to date, so not sure where the glitch was in the packages folder but i may have missed a previous update ? who know’s but all back and working until next summer.

Update done! Will monitor and post any issues I see.

@klogg - Thank you for the update and the cycle time overview, but the calculations seem to be a bit off. I posted the issue on Github.

@Athan I found the “details of last run” do not update dynamically with the number of zones specified. The cause seems to be missing zone definitions in ‘section_status_last_run.yaml’.

I added the missing definitions on Github as an issue. Once they are added the area works as expected.

1 Like

You are right. Thanks for find this :blush:. I have make the change to the branch.
BTW do you also have similar issue for the zones that are not calculated in the time at schedule (morning or manual cycle) ?

Hmm… you might have guessed from my post on the issue that I confess to not having exhaustively tested this. I made the change then left it lingering a while. I wanted to post all my new files before 0.115 so this sneaked in at the same time.

Having said that… After another quick look I am not seeing a discrepancy. Can you tell me exactly what times you have for each zone and on what days and maybe I can try and replicate it.

I won’t have time to look today for sure, but maybe tomorrow or at the weekend.

The pop up is simply a markdown card and all the code is in a Jinja template so feel free to check it out before me :wink: . (And indeed improve it if you can! I wrote it quickly and I’m not convinced it is as efficient as it could be.)

It is in page_cycles.yaml

@athan, @ekkesa,

I’m curious. How much effort went into the changes for 16 zones?
If it was simple, maybe I should incorporate the changes into my version?
Would that make things simpler for you?

It’s just a thought, it makes no difference to me as I will never need more than 8 zones (ha! ha! famous last words!!).

And yes, I should probably know what changes are needed but to be honest I don’t have the time to look and then test it…

1 Like

So True!! I started with 4 zones and ended with 10 (so far :joy:)

It wasn’t that hard. Mostly copy/paste and change the corresponding values. The hardest was the issues that we had with the conversions (if you recall), but these are over now. If you like i can make you a push request and see them by yourself or send you the altered files and check them out with a compare tool.

EDIT: I have make you a pull request as it is easier for you to see the additions and adopt them.

Same here - started with 3 zones and now on 11 growing on 12 :wink:

@Athan will be able to provide the best insight - I only tweaked the one section where the code was missing and altered the notifications.

@klogg - I have sent you my irrigation schedule in an excel table to try and pin point the calculation issue.

1 Like

@Athan If you are refering to this indication of run times for the morning and afternoon cycles, then yes they do not add up correctly. The manual cycle seems to be functioning correctly though.

@ekkesa yes in that one. I have the same behavior

The 16 zones have additions at 15 files. I have pull them to @klogg and see if he is ok with these changes. As far as i know the only issue that i have (and haven’t got the time to check it out yet) is the calculation of irrigation time at morning cycle (and probably at evening too) but its only cosmetic and not functional.

@klogg , @Athan - I took a stab at the overview table - If someone else can check please it seems to calculate correctly. I posted the code on github, you can copy and paste into the template editor to test.

UPDATE: I removed the summary list at the bottom of my code and replaced line 48 to 123 in page_cycles.yaml and it seems to show correctly. Please let me know if you experience the same.

1 Like

Hi to all, can anybody help me?
I install the package and it’s work fine. Now i want to use my Smartweather station (only one in Rome) and i see in the guide this:
secrets.yaml

smartweather_api_key: [SMARTWEATHER_API_KEY]
smartweather_location_code_1: [CODE1]
smartweather_location_code_2: [CODE2]
smartweather_location_code_3: [CODE3]
smartweather_location_code_4: [CODE4]
smartweather_location_code_5: [CODE5]

smartweather.yaml

#===================
#=== Input Booleans
#===================
input_boolean:
  #================================================
  #=== Indicate which stations to use for rainfall
  #================================================
etc

First: where is the smartweather.yaml file?
Second: when i add the rest sensor there are 2 problems:

#============
#=== Sensors
#============
sensor:

#====================================================
  #=== SmartWeather Sensors 
  #=== see - https://smartweather.weatherflow.com/map
  #===       for location of weather stations
  #===
  #=== Used to create sensors for
  #===   illuminance
  #===   rain today
  #===   rain yesterday
  #====================================================

#=== Station 1 (see secrets.yaml)
  - platform: rest
    resource: !secret smartweather_resource_1
    name: smartweather_1
    value_template: >
      {{ value_json.station_id }}
    json_attributes:
      - station_name
      - status
      - station_units
      - obs    
    scan_interval:
      minutes: 86400

resource: !secret smartweather_resource_1 is not defined
the configuration is wrong: Invalid config for [sensor.rest]: invalid url for dictionary value @ data[‘resource’]. Got 4170. (See ?, line ?).

My question is: there is a guide to change the Weather station? If not, can anybody help me?
Thanks.

Anyone upgraded to 0.115.x yet? I tried going up but got errors on automation component (Could be something not related to this package, haven’t started digging yet).

Had to roll back as to not leave the system broken.

Please be aware that you will not be able to upgrade to v0.115 until after I have made the new sensor based changes if you want to continue using this package.

1 Like

Hello, I need some help and guidance with version2 of this code.
I have followed the Italian setup guide, now after the third time of trying I’m giving up.
Somewhere something gets messed up.
I get to the point where I can see the “Irrigation” button under the overview, when I press it nothing happens, from what I understand you should get the some options to configure your setup.
But for me it loads a while and then nothing appears in Lovelace.
Anybody else had the same issue?
The more I dig into it the more blind I get, so I decided to call it a day regarding this today.
I decided to post here and hope that somebody might have something that I can check.

My configuration is valid, I restart my home assistant but nothing, I also cleared the browser.
I’m running a computer with W10 and google chrome.

Let me know if there is anything else I should post to get more information about my setup.

|docker_version|19.03.11|
|hassio|true|
|host_os|HassOS 4.13|
|installation_type|Home Assistant OS|
|os_name|Linux|
|os_version|4.19.127-v7l|
|python_version|3.8.5|
|supervisor|245|
|version|0.115.2|
|virtualenv|false|

Lovelace

dashboards 2
mode storage
resources 13
views 7

This is from the log:

Logger: homeassistant.components.lovelace
Source: components/lovelace/init.py:112
Integration: Lovelace (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 20:32:12 (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 20:32:12

Lovelace is running in storage mode. Define resources via user interface

can anyone help me figure out what this issue is i have been searching for days. any help will be much appreciated

Check out this post at 610 which you may find your answer… its to do with the Irrigation Controller WiFi Signal Strength if you have it on your controller, which you need to name yours in the config…