My Garden Irrigation

I thank you,

i have more than 8 zones.
I have 10 zones.

How can I insert the remaining 2 zones?
What is the controller WiFi signal sensor in the garden controller.yaml

Do I have to pay attention to something?

thank you

Finally, Telagram notification worked

1 Like

How can I insert the remaining 2 zones?
Have a look at @bbogdanmircea - Setup guide - A fork of this project which uses more than the default maximum eight zones and also includes a general setup guide.

What is the controller WiFi signal sensor in the garden controller.yaml ?
This is on your irrigation switch controller, if you do not have that set up i believe you ignore that section.

Hello, I don’t think I am using more than 8 zones on my fork, it was another user that had 16 zones.

1 Like

Hello it’s ethan…

WARNING

There are some changes coming in HA v0.115 to the way sensors work (link).

It is something you need to be aware of and in most cases any changes you need to make to your config look simple - but please check when the time comes :wink: .

It does though, look like a lot of my sensors might need some non-trivial changes. I am not concerned by this apart from the fact that it is always a concern to make changes to something that works.

However, the timing is unfortunate as I have some other changes to this package waiting for ‘publication’. Some are cosmetic, some take advantage of other recent changes in HA to ‘improve’ and simplify the code. These changes have been tested but not exhaustively.

I plan to ‘publish’ the current changes very soon and would be grateful if you can test them in a live environment more extensively than I am currently able. It is no longer summer here so I can’t test using actual switches/valves.

I hop ether are no bugs but I’d rather iron them out now and be dealing with only one set of issues (if there are any) caused by the new v0.115.

Please be aware that you will not be able to upgrade to v0.115 until after I have made the new sensor based changes if you want to continue using this package.

1 Like

I on @Athan’s fork using 10 zones (most of them running daily) - As soon as hy updates the branch after your update I will upgrade and test.

Thank you for all your effort with this package! It was really a game changer (read life saver) for my garden.

Hi ekkesa,
you also use the irrigation of Athan.
Did you also have the problem what I have right now?

The slider does not fit properly.
It does not show total remaining time, only the upper 2 cycles.

Hi,

The slider pop-up issue if I recall correctly I had on both branches, and it has been discussed higher up in this thread.

My manual cycle do calculate correctly, so not sure why your is being iffy.

I’m going to look at the slider popup issue in the post above.

But about the cycle, no idea why only the first 2 zones are calculated.
I took @ Athan’s fork with 16 zones and I didn’t change anything.
What could that be?

Thanks in advance

Unfortunately I do not know this package inside out (yet). I would suggest to look at your logs for any errors and ensure all dependencies are met.

Latest version is uploaded.
It is mostly cosmetic changes and updates to take advantage in recent improvements in HA.

It also has one very small information only extra feature (See here).

The biggest cosmetic change is the Cycle page header - I hope no one objects too much!

It is more consistent and allows somewhere in the UI to add the new informational pop-up.

As I said there will have to be another update after HA 0.115 but I have since learnt that the changes should be even simpler than I expected.

As always, please make sure you can revert if you find any issues. It is even harder for me to test now as I no longer need to water my garden until next year :frowning:

2 Likes

@Athan - When you have some time could you please do a pull request.

Thank you!

Hi @ekkesa. I took the latest from @klogg. Doesn’t look like to affect anything for the extra zones. I just can’t verify that now. Have a backup in place and give it a try if you like.

1 Like

Hi Athan,

Hi Athan,
can you maybe tell me why the problem arises with me?
I haven’t changed anything on your 16 zones fork.

I’m currently on HA 0.114.4

I do have the same issue. It only happens to me at the morning cycle and not at the manual. At morning cycle it doesn’t calculate from zone 4 up to zone 9. At manual it calculates correctly. Haven’t got the time to look at it more and since it doesn’t affect the actual watering and history values, i have put it really low in my priorities. If you have the time you can check it out and see if you can figure it out :blush:
The thing with the slider is common to all and is after the latest changes from the packages that has been used to display the slider i think. Klogg made a post about it and also open a ticket for this i think.

Hi Klogg just a small issue that i noticed in the last version and this one by accident, every time i restart HA the irrigation has already started and in progress, nothing is triggered within the pumps itself, just in the program, once i stop the watering in the program all seems to be fine until i restart HA again the same thing happens ?

Any pointers / ideas how to fix / look at this.

I am not sure if I understand what you mean.

Are you talking about if irrigation is taking place at the same time as you restart HA?
I have never tested for that situation - I am not sure what would happen.

It is something I can try and look into over the winter…

Lets me see if i can explain again and this happens outside of the schedule set times so nothing should start the process … for instance if i change / update a add-on, upgrade HACs or HA, i need to restart HA, once it has restarted i go into the irrigation panel and the system is running according to the program but not on my physical irrigation system ? i noticed this when i went on hols when nothing was triggering the automation.

on closer look at your irrigation in the panel page, i noticed the red stop button was showing up and the sprinkler image flashing in and out as it was watering my garden but it was not, i then pushed the red stop button and everything went back as its supposed to and works fine with out any issues.

Thats until i restart home assistant again the same issue happens… hope that makes sense.

Well… yes your explanation now makes sense.
But not what is happening!

I have no idea off the top of my head why you should be seeing that.

Do you plan to take the latest files off GitHub? If so let me know if you still see that behaviour after.