My Garden Irrigation

Anybody seen this before? Implementing the packages for the first time.

The irrigation page is blank. Inspect info from the browser giving me this error:

e6e55a55.js:2043 Uncaught (in promise) TypeError: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading ‘editMode’)

Hi - noob issue - everything installed ok, all pre-reqs etc. (followed the italian guide) but - i cant get any pop up to work and in the font box i see the following "var(–pri…

i cant see an error in my logs - any suggestions where to go hunting?

Have you installed lovelace_gen and browser_mod?

And restarted HA.

thanks - yes i did install both and the other pre-reqs. restarted several times just in case. Am using the latest ha version.

did some more digging - so the error on the UI seems to be because of the following state being set oddly:

• input_text.irrigation_ui_font_family has the state “state: var(–primary-font-family)”

So i would guess the state somehow is not being set incorrectly. since i assume the state should be “oswald” or another font name.

I commented out the file to see if that enabled the pop ups to work (after a restart) but although the font option was removed, still the pop ups dont work (i am using the edge brower, i also tried chrome and safari on ios and still had the same result).

First, I’m using Edge too so that should be OK.

If you don’t specify a font it defaults to var(–primary-font-family) which in turn forces it to use the HA default font (or whatever font you have specified in a theme for that variable if you are using one).

I just changed mine to use var(–primary-font-family) as a check and it displayed everything correctly including pop-ups.

All of which is to say that I think the font question might be a red herring :wink:

You could try adding the following resource and trying it with dosis just to be sure.

- url: https://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Dosis
  type: css

After that, if it is the pop-ups causing an issue it sounds like something to do with browser_mod
What actually happens when you try to get a pop-up?
Are there any errors in the logs?

Thanks for the help - i have both oswald and dosis installed, but still get the var in the UI - i will keep tracing it back to see where my machine has a miss to figure that out!

On the popups - helpfully there is nothing i can see in the logs. When i click on any pop up item nothing happens at all - no pop up no edit and nothing in the logs. its almost like the pop up isnt there.

Do you have

browser_mod:

in your config?

thomasloven/hass-browser_mod: :small_blue_diamond: A Home Assistant integration to turn your browser into a controllable entity - and also an audio player (github.com)

embarassingly i didnt have - but have now, but no difference. I really appreciate your time helping on this.

What i am going to do is make a clean HA parallel install and see if i can bring up the system without the error - then parallel check if i can find a difference - it has to be something simple!

I think so too!

I’m happy to help but might need some more clues. Let me know if you find any.

Hi - so its working now - i did nothing except update to the latest HA (18th Sept) and then a shift refresh on the browser screen and heh presto it works. I do wonder if there was a bug in the prior HA release that was blocking me!

1 Like

@klogg
Good morning.
I would like to display only the manual cycle on other lovelaces. I have more than one user who only needs to access the manual cycle or test cycle. In my case, the configuration page on smartphones is not necessary.
Thanks a lot.
Regards

It should be quite easy. I designed the Lovelace files to be as modular as I could.

If you comment out (or delete) in view_garden_irrigation.yaml:-

• all of the SYSTEM STATUS section,
  • all of the SETTINGS section

and

Use comment (or delete) in the CYCLES section to leave only this:

#===========
  #=== CYCLES 
  #===========
  - type: vertical-stack
    cards:
      - type: conditional
        conditions:
          - entity: input_boolean.irrigation_master_control_switch
            state: "on"
        card: 
          !include garden_irrigation/cycles/section_cycle3_schedule.yaml

You will get only this which could be used in a separate dashboard:

Ok, i’ll try it

Thanks in advance

Regards

Hopefully somebody has an answer. Still not fixed yet

Hi.

Any ideas why the runtime is not calculated?

After reboot/update it works again…

Also no calculations on morning cycle even when i turn adjustment for temp and rain off…

Is it possible to display the runtimes set for the cycles? I only see the minutes when i move the slider.

Same. All functions back. Why? System needs hardening :wink:

Hey Klogg

I’ve moved into a new house that already has a smart irrigation controller, and as such, I do not require MGI anymore. What’s the best way to uninstall it to remove all the booleans that it creates?
I’ve deleted the entries in the config file, the respective folders etc etc and everything is gone, including the created groups and automations, but the booleans still remain and it will take forever to delete them 1 by 1.

If you go to Configuration, Entities you can select more than one at a time using the check boxes on the left.

You can search at the top left or sort the columns and you might need to adjust the filter at the top right to make it easier to find the ones you want to remove.

Enjoy your new house (and garden!).

Hartelijk bedankt!

1 Like

All I’m getting is a black screen. Something doesn’t seem to be loading

Animated Background: Starting
animated-background.js:28 Animated Background: No configuration found

Not so sure where animated-background.js is even coming from

hui-root.ts:495 Uncaught (in promise) TypeError: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'editMode')
    at HTMLElement.value (hui-root.ts:495)
    at HTMLElement.value (hui-root.ts:113)
    at HTMLElement.update (styles.ts:365)
    at HTMLElement.performUpdate (styles.ts:365)
    at HTMLElement.scheduleUpdate (styles.ts:365)
    at HTMLElement._$EC (styles.ts:365)