My Garden Irrigation

Hi. I have this only in my browser when checkibg ha from work

Mobile is ok.

Any ideas hiw to solve this issue?

I have just uploaded some new files.
Over the summer I have been tweaking the UI a little bit.

There are also a few fixes for some of the issues caused by 2021.10 and 2021.11

There is some weirdness going on with some panels not displaying at the first attempt but I will try to look into that. It may just be on Edge browser, I don’t know.

If anyone still has issues after copying the new files let me know.

Also, yeah, there is a typo on the commit comment!!!

1 Like

Morning Anthony! I have the same error.
When I click for example to change the time of a zone to start, it doesnt pop up teh dialog
Did you fix it?
Thanks

@klogg any help with popups that doesnt work? I can not change the star time ::frowning: Thanks

i reinstalled brower_Mod and re-update the plugs in and it came through

thanks @anthony1 It didnt work for me.
I click and nothing happens.
any suggestion?

here I show my problem :frowning: Screen Recording 2021 11 25 at 19 27 08 - YouTube

https://youtu.be/h_QpYGYn_-A

any help? :frowning:

Hi @drthanwho ,

I have the same errors (HA OS7 version 2021.12.8), did you found a solution?

Hi @klogg,

I’m fighting with this for 2 days now, all I get is a blank page with massive errors in the console.
I’m running HA OS7 with version 2021.12.8.
Configuration check runs ok, HA starts with some errors, but that shouldn’t prevent the page from displaying, I guess.
I tried different browser, but the result is the same, just a blank page.
I tried downgrading some of the resources used, but that doesn’t work.

I tried your suggestion (somewhere above) to comment out everything but section_status_header.yaml, but no luck.

I’m out of ideas for the moment.
Any help on how to debug this would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

Thank you Klogg , thank you very much for updating this great project.
I am still having problem stopping manually a cycle from the application the icon chenge from green to red but nothing happen. As a workaround, I am using a switch in a separate page for switching off a valve but I would like to fix this last “problem” thank you, and stay safe!

I have just uploaded my most recent version.

I really don’t remember what I have changed or if it will fix your issue but if it doesn’t I’d like you to be on the same version as me!

I’m pretty sure there is nothing much of any real substance that has changed, it’ll be mostly just UI tweaks and maybe some small changes to keep up with latest HA developments, but let’s see.

(I would normally have waited until I started using the system again before uploading a new version)

TO EVERYONE - It is winter here and I have not been able to fully test any changes - please back up you package before upgrading!!!

1 Like

It’s hard to say.
Have you checked all the required custom cards/components are installed?

Maybe look in the browser Console for clues?

That I managed to sort out, the installation wasn’t how it was supposed to be (missing files).

Anyway, manually it is working, but automatic scheduling doesn’t.
At the arrival of the scheduled time, nothing happens but the “NEXT RUN” changes to tomorrow at xx:xx.

The script doesn’t seem to start, I just started to debug it, but without any entries in the log, this isn’t going smoothly :sweat:

If I disable “Ignore schedules if it is raining” the automatic cycle is starting.

Example:

Scheduled time: 18:45

At 18:44

• NEXT RUN: Test cycle at 18:45
  • SYSTEM IDLE

At 18:45

• NEXT RUN: Tomorrow at 18:45
  • SYSTEM IDLE

At 18:46

• NEXT RUN: Tomorrow at 18:45
  • Watering

So, the cycle is run a minute late, the status changes at the correct time.

The reason it is not starting when “Ignore schedules if it is raining” is enabled could come from the next lines in irrigation_triggered.yaml

#=== Check it is not raining if that option is enabled. NOTE: don't check this for cycle 3
      - condition: template
        value_template: >
          {% if is_state('input_boolean.irrigation_ignore_schedule_if_raining', 'off') or 
                trigger.entity_id == 'input_boolean.irrigation_cycle3_running' %}
            True
          {% elif states('input_boolean.irrigation_ignore_schedule_if_raining') == 'on' and
                  states(states('input_text.irrigation_external_sensor_raining_now')) == 'off' %}
            True
          {% else %}
            False
          {% endif %}

states(states(‘input_text.irrigation_external_sensor_raining_now’)) is numeric and is compared to ‘off’…

I changed that line to:

- condition: template
        value_template: >
          {% if is_state('input_boolean.irrigation_ignore_schedule_if_raining', 'off') or 
                trigger.entity_id == 'input_boolean.irrigation_cycle3_running' %}
            True
          {% elif states('input_boolean.irrigation_ignore_schedule_if_raining') == 'on' and
                  states(states('input_text.irrigation_external_sensor_raining_now'))|int == 0 %}
            True
          {% else %}
            False
          {% endif %}

Et voilà, it’s working now :smiley:

Edit:
I changed

states(states('input_text.irrigation_external_sensor_raining_now'))|int == 0

to

states(states('input_text.irrigation_external_sensor_raining_now'))|float < states('input_number.irrigation_rainfall_threshold')|float

That way, the rainfall threshold is taken into account.

Edit 2:

All the above is nice but… it isn’t working…
As soon as I enable “Ignore schedules if it is raining”, no automatic cycle is working…

Reminder to myself (and others :wink:)
Always restart HA…!!!
After a restart, everything started working like it should with the changes from above.

Apparently, reloading automations and scripts isn’t enough, a restart is required.

2 Likes

I updated to the last version and the only problem so far, the same I had on the previous version , is the possibility to stop a circle.

hi @klogg,
and hi everyone, I reinstalled all the addon from scratch, but I realized that often during the day the system gives me this error when I go to activate it:

How can i solve it?

Dario

Good morning everyone, I’m Walter, I’m new to this blog and I’m enjoying HA-Irrigation. First of all, thanks to @klogg and to each and everyone for the massive amount of advises, tips and tricks !

I have just one problem and I haven’t been able to find any references to that so far: I’m using HA (latest update) and HA-Irrigation (latest fix)…sporadically the cycle stops working with one of the zones remaining in “Watering” state.
The sprinkler (MQTT) receives the stop signal correctly.
Nothing appears in log.

I haven’t been able to reproduce the problem so far.
Did you observe this behaviour before ? Thanks

Something similar happened to, i observed it was the devices that rebooted while it was watering (rebooted while receiving mqtt commands).
I’ve setup an automation that reboots the devices 5 minutes before starting the first cicle.
I’ve never understood why the reboots happens…

Interesting. In my case I can exclude a reboot, due to the target system (Raspberry) that sends out lot of alerts and logs. No reboots or disconnections as far as I can see.