My HA Configuration

I used Visio to do up the Topology I could share my base design if you want a guide.

1 Like

Firstly, Crap I will get this sorted.

Secondly I’m glad you enjoyed it, it made the time I spent documenting it worth it if it can help someone else in their HA Journey.

Absolutely amazing writeup! I am still learning and always changing my configuration!

1 Like

I would love your base. We have a lot of the same components so that would make it a ton easier… You can upload to my Repo or I can download from yours…

1 Like

Uploaded to my repo please find here HA Topo.vsdx

1 Like

Bad link bro

Please try again.

For all those that have starred or following my repo please do it again as I had to remove and reload thanks.

Really neat stuff! Do you have any more information on this Spotify script that sets LEDs to album art color? That would be great to use when I Spotify on the main system, if it was possible.

1 Like

Nicely Done, well done mate

1 Like

I have only skimmed through, but it looks very good. I’ll read more in due course!

1 Like

I used this project as the basis of my Led strip change with music application.

You will need AppDeamon installed at the bottom of his post there are some links to get you started with and the LED script used.

Very nice. Impressive Readme (and markdown skills.)

Have you considered using deconz with Conbee USB Zigbee gateway and razberry Zwave raspberry pi shield instead of internet hosted services like the Xiaomi and smart things? It’s nice to know that everything works even without an internet connection, at least I like to think so. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for the kind words I didn’t even know what a markdown was before I wrote that Readme.

I am definitely wanting to move over to one of the offline gateway replacements for Xiaomi, I don’t really use ST for anything and when I did it was horrible using the bridge. I will investigate using deconz is there a device limit as I have just had to order a second Xiaomi gateway to handle devices I’m up to around 50.

I think the device limit for deconz is 200 devices

I have my Xiaomi Gateway firewall blocked from Internet Access and can add new devices with HA without the need to use that horrible app.
What would be the benefit to moving over to something like deconz?
My Pi sits in a metal data rack so I would need to deploy a new one somewhere probably 2 due to the size of my place to reach the furthest sensors deployed.

If you’re sticking to only Xiaomi zigbee devices there is no benefit to you.

Curious to know how you add devices without the app.

In developer tools

1 Like

Excellent, thank you.

1 Like

Have updated config to packages and uploaded ui-lovelace.yaml with screenshots. Still need to add a few readme files for packages