My Hassio crashed over night? File system seems to be read-only

Hey there folks,

yesterday i just had a fine working Home Assistant running on my Raspberry Pi3 with Hass.io. Today out of a sudden the log was spammed with messages like “Can’t write to database. Read only” or something similar.

I didn’t now what to do. According to https://community.home-assistant.io/t/hass-io-problems-after-power-outage/57662/18 I can’t use any hassio-commands through ssh for a long time. So i thought of setting up my whole Hass.io-System with a fresh installation.

I mounted the actual sd-card and saved all data stored in the “resin-data” folder. Now i wonder if it’s possible to set up a new Hass.io-System and copy the data back to the folder. Is it going to work? I really don’t know whats the problem with the old one. I doesn’t boot up any more.

Kind regards

Can you still write to the SD card?

A glitch can cause the card to become read-only (write-protect). This happened to me recently (unrelated to Home Assistant) and the RPI booted up but complained the file-system was now read-only. Once that happens the card is no longer usable as a storage device.

I still can write on it. Tested with resin-boot and resin-data.
:confused:

How can i ssh into resin to have a look whats going on?
But perhaps setting it up from scratch is the easier way :smiley:

Today I flashed the new HassOS-Image (1.11) on my 32gb SD-Card.

My Raspberry Pi 3 B 32bit doesn’t boot up. It appears as “raspberrypi3” in my local network. And thats it. Is there any way to get a look in any logfile from the boot-process to see what goes wrong?