My Home Assistant configuration… IT'S ALIVE

Kodus on the Cox Internet Usage script! Just got it setup and it’s awesome! Thank you!

1 Like

Not much of an update, i’ve been doing mostly cleanup and some fixes. Received and setup my new Xiaomi Gateway and sensors and played a lot with the Emulated Hue Bridge.

Updated

New Devices:

Ordered Devices

New Automations:

New Components

Thank you so much for sharing. This is invaluable to me right now. Just started on HA last week using hass.io on a Rpi3. So I am totally new to this. This has cleared most of my confusion about how to use Groups and cards/tabs. :+1:

So far I have couple of echo dots, a few Sonos speakers, Harmony hub, Shield TV, Fire TV and a bunch of Sonoff switches. I am now looking to for some sensors and cameras.

As you are also using Xiaomi Aqara stuff - Do you know if this camera will be able to act as a hub for the Aqara door sensors? Or will also need the Aqara gateway hub?

Xiaomi Aqara Camera

Thanks

How do you handle all the REDACTED entries between your local working copy and the one uploaded to GitHub?

Curious, are you able to change brightness for your GE 14294 dimmers through the HA UI? I’ve been struggling with an issue where mine don’t update brightness until I manually do so via the switch or turn the light off then on. I found out that my dimmer doesn’t like the dim duration value of 255 that HA sends by default before updating the brightness. I had to hack the code to make it work, but was wondering if you had any similar issues with your setup.

@imsyB I’m glad it’s helped you. I too got a lot from others who have shared their configuration. I’m not sure about using the camera as a hub.

@jarrah My running config doesn’t include the REDACTED entries. I run a scrubbing script that removes personal information before I post to github.

@tboyce1 I haven’t had any problems with the GE switches and yes I’m able to change the brightness via the HA UI.

That’s quite a script you have there to scrub all the right information! I don’t suppose you’re able to share how you do that please because I notice it also manages to scrub your secrets file? The only way I can imagine it works is by using a master key file where you find and replace phrases? e.g

client_id: REDACTED - client_id: 1234567

It must also take a lot of discipline and management to ensure you don’t accidentally commit/push sensitive data?

@jarrah It doesn’t scrub the secrets file. The secrets file is just there so travis-ci can build and run the configs. My real secrets file is in my .gitignore so it doesn’t upload. Then I just run the scrub script against the running config, and double-check everything before I commit.

Check out ha-github-scrub.sh and redacted.txt in @geekoftheweek’s repo: https://github.com/geekofweek/homeassistant/tree/master/tools

Mine is just an adaptation of his. If I get time I can clean up my scripts and post them.

1 Like

Let’s say I have two harmony hubs (same account) can I upload two activities and merge them into one? For example I want the two hubs two turn on my receivers (which it can do by app) and then I want it to start playing music. So far I can only do this with one hub

@ntalekt

Did you have any issues including the GE Zwave dimmers?

I have one of them and I cannot for the life of me get it to pair with my zooz zwave stick, thinking about changing to the aeotec g5.

I don’t have any issues with my GE zwave 14294 switches. Just take have to take the Aeotec and include the switches in the network. Then update the zwave config to modify the names. Pretty simple.

Hey Man! Can you help me out getting the QNAP sensors available to HA? I can’t seem to get them through the regular guides on the net.

Ya definitely, I’ve been using the QNAP sensor successfully for a while now. All you need to do is add a sensor with the required parameters and restart.

Here is an example of how mine is configured: https://github.com/ntalekt/homeassistant/blob/cb261ee72c08e55ebe5b146299775c1c671d0cf4/sensor.yaml#L410

You can also view all the items that can be monitored here: https://www.home-assistant.io/integrations/qnap/

1 Like