My Homeseer Z-Wave+ stick shows up as HUSBZB-1, does it have Zigbee too?

I have an old USB Z-Wave+ stick from Homeseer, it’s labeled “SmartStick+” and was advertised as z-wave+ only. I just moved to Zwave JS and was looking at the config. It lists the device as:

HUSBZB-1
by Sigma Designs (Former Zensys)
Firmware: 4.32

From my understanding, this hardware supports ZWave+ and Zigbee. Is it simply limited by the firmware? Could this be flashed with another firmware to enable Zigbee?

Config also says:

Highest Security: None
Z-Wave Plus: No

Why is this saying I don’t have Z-Wave Plus?
Thanks

EDIT to add: in my depreciated Zwave config, the device is listed as Sigma Designs UZB, which is a z-wave only device. Is this a case where the device is being mislabeled by Zwave JS?

Doubtful it even has a Zigbee radio. Do you have multiple device paths? One would be for z-wave, the other for zigbee. If only one path, it’s just z-wave. The product identifiers are generic (0x0000:0x0001:0x0001), I’d assume HomeSeer just didn’t bother to program it. Some devices are just relabeled by other manufacturers.

Why is this saying I don’t have Z-Wave Plus?

Because those properties don’t apply to USB controllers, only nodes added to the network.

1 Like

Makes sense, it only populates one device path. Thank you!

So I noticed the same thing with the same HomeSeer SmartStick+. On the HomeSeer website it says it is a 700 series chip while the HUSBZB-1 (at least the Nortek version) is a 500 series chip. I assume the HomeSeer is 700 series but not sure how to verify this.