My instance doesn't see my phone

I suspect I broke it.
Android phone, SM906u.
The companion app doesn’t give my any notifications anymore, and cannot be set up as a device tracker any longer so I can’t use it to track my location. My wife’s continues to work just fine.
Not sure even where to start trouble shooting. Help?!

try to log out of the app and log back in

Thanks, dshokouhi. I thought I was pretty good with HA, but I can’t figure out how to log out!

Click your profile, look under your personal settings (above the change password settings).

1 Like

Aha. Thanks, Edwin_D. Found it.

So, after logging out I’m getting an error which says, “It appears that your authorization was revoked, please reconnect to Home Assistant.” That shows up when I am trying to reconnect to Home Assistant. In way over my head, and a little panicked now!

try starting fresh, the registration/token probably needs to be cleaned up. Follow these steps in order:

https://companion.home-assistant.io/docs/troubleshooting/faqs#starting-fresh-with-the-android-app

Thank you so much! I have logged out, and logged back in successfully. I have configured external/internal urls, and entered my home network. I have enabled location tracking, given my device a unique name. My device still does not show up in my device list, and obviously I cannot send it notifications. Nor is it in any device_tracker list. Still seems like my instance cannot see my phone.

after you logged in goto Settings > Devices and Services > Find Mobile App > Select the device with the name you gave it.

May have found a clue: there is an error reading “The device is disabled by Config entry.”

Settings > Devices and Services > Devices > Filter with disabled devices, check if its there

I found another thread which indicated simply disabling this device and re-enabling would work. It did, partly; now my instance is sensing sensors – except location sensors! Partial victory.

Those are under the device_tracker. They are listed as sensors in the app as they house specific logic for the tracker.

Thanks so much for your help! I think I’m functioning now.

1 Like