My Lovelace Plugins

Fixed!

1 Like

Should be fixed with new version of card-tools.

1 Like

Also seems fold-entity-row is stuck on an old version in the custom card tracker.

I had to wget the latest to get 86.0 happy.

WORKS! Awesome!

Back in business!! Everything is working great again.

Thanks again for your hard work @thomasloven.

DEPRECATED

Like, a day or so after I had posted this, @ljmerza made one that’s about a million times better: Light Entity Card

I will not be supporting this anymore. Use his one instead.

color-picker

This is still in the really early stages of development, but I think this might be my first card that actually looks like something, and does something to your devices… (except possibly toggle-lock-entity-row…)

Anyway. It’s a color wheel that lets you pick a color for your lights without opening up the more-info dialog…

Expect bugs. In fact, I haven’t actually tested it outside of my dev setup…

3 Likes

The options for the card are a mess on github… no formatting…

hi @thomasloven

I am trying to use the custom:vertical-stack-in-card in 0.86.1. Do I have to download the appropriate files to my config/www folder ? or does it come preloaded in 0.86?

thanks.

Oops.
Thanks!

1 Like

Perhaps you should ask @ofek.ashery, who made vertical-stack-in-card…
But you could also read this guide https://github.com/thomasloven/hass-config/wiki/Lovelace-Plugins
Or perhaps take a guess what the prefix custom: might imply about whether it’s included by default or not.

thanks for your help @thomasloven

@ofek.ashery and the only reason I asked is because I get this error when I try and use the custom:vertical-stack-in-card:

YAML Error: TypeError: Cannot read property 'startsWith' of undefined

Typo… in the name you have friendly\name (on the readme github)

This looks really nice, I think it would be even better if you could add a brightness slider with it.

Although not necessarily a card tools issue, I’ll post this here just in case someone comes looking for an answer. Scratch that…

Prior to upgrading from 0.84 to 0.86.1, I ran custom updater to pull down the latest versions of my custom cards and it seems card-tools didn’t get its update. I didn’t see any errors in the logs that would have indicated a problem with the card-tools download. The only tell tale sign, other than the red cards of death, was this error:

2019-01-24 16:44:58 ERROR (MainThread) [frontend.js.latest.201901211] http://<my-ha-URL>/local/card-tools.js:42:9 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'shadowRoot' of null

Manually downloading card-tools (using WGET against the raw data on github) and purging cached data fixed my issues on my Chrome browser for MacOS. In Safari and Chrome for iOS, I get this error.

2019-01-24 17:06:21 ERROR (MainThread) [frontend.js.latest.201901211] http://<my-ha-URL>/local/card-tools.js:41:62 TypeError: null is not an object (near '...ha-panel-lovelace")...')

Thoughts?

I’m getting this error with one of my cards. It’s only happening to my custom Dark Sky Animated Weather Card.

https://removed/local/card-modder.js?v=03a767:44:23 Uncaught TypeError: this.card.style.setProperty is not a function

This is what chrome DevTools has to say

Uncaught (in promise) TypeError: this.card.style.setProperty is not a function
    at HTMLElement._cardMod (card-modder.js?v=03a767:44)
    at HTMLElement.firstUpdated (card-modder.js?v=03a767:26)
    at HTMLElement.performUpdate (app-3b4bb4ed.js:344)
    at HTMLElement._enqueueUpdate (app-3b4bb4ed.js:344)

I’m trying to use card-modder to let me style the icon colour on an entity by entity basis, which works fine, except since there are cards inside cards the spacing and drop shadow spoil the layout. Is there a way to make to make the card look like a standard single card with respect to the interior elements?

- type: entities
    title: London Underground
    show_header_toggle: false
    entities:
      - type: custom:card-modder
        style:
          --paper-item-icon-color: brown
          padding: 0
          background: none
        card:
          type: custom:hui-entities-card
          entities:
            - sensor.bakerloo
        style:
          --paper-item-icon-color: red 
          padding: 0
        card:
          type: custom:hui-entities-card
          entities:
            - sensor.central

The CSS property you’re looking for is box-shadow.

By the way, you could just put in a custom:hui-sensor-entity-row or whatever that actually becomes. See the example here: https://github.com/thomasloven/lovelace-card-modder#templates

Thanks Thomas, the sensor entity row approach worked best, for those interested code and output below.

btw what is the equivalent of hui-sensor-entity-row within a glance card?

- type: entities
    title: London Underground
    show_header_toggle: false
    entities:
        style: { --paper-item-icon-color: brown }
        card:
          type: custom:hui-sensor-entity-row
          entity: sensor.bakerloo
        style: { --paper-item-icon-color: red }
        card:
          entity: sensor.central
        style: { --paper-item-icon-color: blue }
        card:
          entity: sensor.piccadilly
        style: { --paper-item-icon-color: cyan }
        card:
          entity: sensor.waterloo_city
        style: { --paper-item-icon-color: black }
        card:
          entity: sensor.northern

1 Like

Is there a Problem with 0.86.2?
I just updated my 0.84 to play arround with folding cards but with the latest ha release it just wont load.
i downloaded card-tools.js manually.

CARD-TOOLS IS INSTALLED shows in the console.

UPDATE:
will try to remove anything else besides the folding card i want to test and report back

Lots of breaking changes between 0.84 and 0.86. I suggest temporarily stripping your configuration down to a bare minimum to make sure things work one at a time.