My Lovelace Plugins

I didn’t think to use the glance card for the alert sensors. Adding show_state: false to the glance card hides the text state thus saving more room again.

printer

2 Likes

sure, or in the dedicated thread on the epson printer.
btw, just created these icons for the printer I am actually using:

ink_c ink_k ink_m ink_waste ink_y

showing thanks to @thomasloven 's card and assistance:

@thomasloven thanks for your great work. I have a question/request about card-modder. Recently some guys added right to left (RTL) support to HA when you select Hebrew or Arabic but now it makes all internal components RTL which is no good. In some picture-elements for example we need control over a specific label to keep it left to right. So my question is about adding CSS selectors or something similar to allow card-modder to apply styles to a specific sub-component in a card. Unfortunately this will have to rely on sibling indexing (or other non ID mechanism) rather than IDs unless you can convince the HA frontend authors to allow for a “customID” attribute on internal components.
Thanks again.

This is something I’ve been thinking very hard about for a long time. Unfortunately, I haven’t come up with any good solution for the configuration syntax. It’s also hard with the shadowDOM and many different card types.

Sorry, that should have been custom:hui-glance-card.
You can find the card types in the source.

How about:

- type: custom:card-modder
  styles:
    - selector: cssSelectorHere
      style:
        --paper-card-background-color: rgba(0, 100, 0, 0.2)
        --paper-item-icon-color: white
    - selector: cssSelectorHere
      style:
        --paper-card-background-color: rgba(0, 100, 0, 0.2)
        --paper-item-icon-color: white
  card:

I don’t think you need to bother with how people will figure out the selectors. Just need to get it to basically work. IMHO. Thanks again!!

thanks … there are no more errors but now the actual card does not display … ie blank

- type: custom:card-modder                          
                          card:
                            type: glance
                            show_name: false
                            entities:
                            - sensor.temperature_158d0001a2c316
                            - sensor.humidity_158d0001a2c316
                          style:                 
                            border-radius: 20px
                            border: solid 1px rgba(100,100,100,0.3)
                            color: grey
                            box-shadow: 3px 3px rgba(0,0,0,0.6)

title: Home
# Include external resources
resources:
  - url: /local/card-tools.js
    type: js
  - url: /local/custom_ui/card-modder.js?v=35eb37
    type: js

sorry but which example? cant find any here https://github.com/thomasloven/lovelace-time-input-row

Well, that message is almost three months old, and fold-entity-row has been upgraded to version 2.0 more or less and even changed name since then…

But here’s what the README looked like back then: https://github.com/thomasloven/lovelace-fold-entity-row/tree/98faea65341dd28e76f240044e68138b111e3223
The method in the last code example still works, with some adaptation…

lovelace-gen has been updated.
There’s a few breaking changes, but mainly it should be easier to get it to work with Hass.io now.

I’m not sure what happened or if it’s just me, but all of @thomasloven’s custom cards have disappeared from the custom tracker card. There have been no changes on my part, they have just up’d and gone. :frowning:

1 Like

You aren’t the only one. All of my thomasloven cards disappeared from CustomUpdater/Tracker as well.

2 Likes

Thank you for these great plugins.

I notices in the few I reviewed that you do not import any external libraries (such as Vue.js - which I would be interested in in my case). Is this because this is not possible? (I have a Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected identifierwhenever I try to import Vue from './vue.js';)

Do you have vue.js in your www folder? Otherwise, you could use https://unpkg.com/[email protected]/dist/vue.js

Can this support conditions i.e.

If heating is greater than current temp use the text “Heating To” however it is isnt use text “Heat To”

thanx, but i asked about time-input-row :slight_smile: any hints appreciated to get this work…

@thomasloven

all my useful-markdown-cards show unformatted suddenly, has anything changed in the backend causing this? I didn’t upgrade HA at all…

this worked nicely before:

- type: custom:useful-markdown-card
    content: >
      Vandaag is het **<font color=var(--secondary-text-color)>[[ sensor.vandaag.state ]]</font>**.

Volgende afval-ophaal over **<font color=var(--secondary-text-color)>[[ sensor.trash_next_in_days.state ]]</font>** dagen:

**<font color=var(--secondary-text-color)>[[ sensor.afval_datum.state ]]</font>** : **[[ sensor.afval_soort.state ]]**

but now shows as:

– UPDATE –

case closed: https://github.com/thomasloven/lovelace-useful-markdown-card/issues/6

I try to keep my things packaged as a single file as far as possible.
The exception is card-tools, which I use in several other plugins.

If you wish to use things such as import, you need to add the resource as a module.
I.e. in the resources: section, you put

- url: /local/my-thing.js
  type: module #instead of js

No. I have no intention of implementing any “language-like” features.
Use a template sensor to generate the text and insert that instead.

Well, the message you replied to was about fold-entity-row.
I have no idea what you’re trying to ask.

1 Like