My Lovelace Plugins

If we’re going to solve this I’m going to need a minimal example. Strip out everything, and then add back as little as possible until things break.

Becasue what you’re provided me just raises more questions.

• You say you imported mini-media-player.js twice, but I only see it once in your resources section. Did you remove the other one? If so, are you still getting the same error?
  • The error says it’s in mini-media-player.js, but there isn’t even a mini-media-player card in your configuration.
  • Is the “irreleant crap” really irrelevant? I.e. have you actually removed it from your file, and still got the same error? If so, why did you feel the need to mention it?

I’m sorry to hear that. Let me know if you want any help.

- entity: group.my_group
  type: custom:folding-group-entity-row
  config:
    type: custom:slider-entity-row
1 Like

I’m starting to get confused myself lol.
I have only imported the card once in the resources section. I’m then using it in 2 seperate vertical stacks.

I’m not showing the section of my Lovelace using that mini-media card.

I am using the upcoming media card with panel in vertical stacks. If I don’t set panel: true then I get one column in the middle of the screen with 3 column in it at 1/3 width. If I set panel: true then I get 1/3 of screen for each column which is ok but on my phone is hopeless as everything is too small.

So I thought I’d try and use your column card. I’m also playing around with 2 different Lovelace files - one that works and one where I’m playing with your card. I showed 3 examples of using your card up above. The irrelevant stuff is just settings for the upcoming-media card.

When I’m back on my computer tomorrow I’ll try and be clearer in the issues and I’ll post some screenshots as well. (I’m on my iPad at the moment)

Thanks for your interest. I’ll post again tomorrow.

I have lots of those cards, but few appear (like a third)

So i got the JS file and put on my www/ folder.

Added this to ui-lovelace.yaml:

- url: /local/custom_ui/useful-markdown-card.js
  type: js

Added this under cards:

- type: custom:useful-markdown-card
  content: >
    ## Lovelace

and I get this error:

did you restart home assistant?

If you put the file in your www/directory (i.e. www/useful-markdown-card.js), you should use the URL /local/useful-markdown-card.js in the resources: section.

If you did place it in www/custom_ui/ or if changing the URL doesn’t fix it, check your home assistant and browser logs and post anything that looks relevant.

The whole problem was that I put the file in www/ directory while in the resource section I was referring wwww/custom_ui.

It’s working now, thanks :slight_smile:

@sbmlat would you mind sharing the code? Pretty curious how you got those.

This is really a great idea and so useful for me, but I couldn’t make it work.
I have the player-ID and have put it into the config file, but when I do TTS nothing happens. The log does not show any errors.
When I do TTS to my chromecast, it works just fine.

I am really puzzled - any ideas?

Here is the snippet.

- type: custom:useful-markdown-card
        content: >
          ## Today

[[ sensor.friendly_date.state ]] 

**Weather** - [[sensor.pws_weather_1d.state]]

> Fact Of The Day
              >> ...*[[ sensor.norris_fact_of_the_day.state ]]*...

where do you get this? :slight_smile:

I got this from @skalavala Uncoment the code before you use it.

https://github.com/skalavala/smarthome/blob/c7a4f5e8c0deae6990b88c7cd0af3104f4650334/packages/fun.yaml

1 Like

This is such a nice little one. Why is the last 0 removed though?

I have just updated lovelace-player. The functon LovelacePlayer.showDeviceID() is now called LovelacePlayer.debug() and gives a bit more information. Try updating, refreshing and check if it says your device is bound to anything.

It could be easier to test it out in a desktop browser at first, before you try it on a tablett. That way you can check for errors in the browser log as well.

Nice card! Could you add the missing zeros when value is below 10 ?

5:5 -> 5:05

Thanks!!

Cool - thx. Will try it out in a couple of hours;)

The more-info dialog problem with folding-group-entity-row has now been fixed.
Please download the new version from github.

1 Like

Unfortunately, there’s not much I can do about that at this point.