My Lovelace Plugins

Hi, trying to configure the popup cards using the configuration global, I can see my card that pops up but doubled… Not sure why after reviewing my setup…

# POPUP cards config    
popup_cards:
  media_player.roku_salledejeux:
    title: Roku remote
    card:                        
      type: custom:roku-card
      entity: media_player.roku_salledejeux
      tv: true  
  media_player.roku_salon:
    card:                        
      entity: media_player.roku_salon
  media_player.roku_chambre:
    card:                        
      entity: media_player.roku_chambre
  media_player.roku_chambre_thomas:
    card:                        
      entity: media_player.roku_chambre_thomas

views:
  - title: Home
    icon: mdi:home-assistant
    # badges: 
      # - binary_sensor.presence_josee_lg
    cards: 
      # - type: custom:compact-custom-header   
        # main_config: true       

This is before the views.

and this is what I get:

2 Likes

@thomasloven After last layout-card update there is something wrong with top and left margin.

Fixed! Thank you.

1 Like

@thomasloven So I tried to test out as much of the new adds you made and everything worked as expected, but I hit a snag and was hoping, when you have time, could see if there may be a work around. I can get the animated border around the whole view, but I cannot use card-modder on anything else. If I do the border goes around whatever I try to use card-modder on. I did notice that I can only get the border if I use compact-header. Without cch the border responds the same. Don’t know if there is any fix, but here is the code for the the tablet view and screenshot. Also, the view will not respond to changing the per view theme, only from the main HA set theme. Thanks!!! https://pastebin.com/DJYHPuHs

That’s almost 250 lines of code.

Please provide a minimal example, perhaps a single view with just one or two minimal cards which illustrates the behavior and as little custom stuff as posible. With luck, the process of building such an example will help you find the problem.

My apologies. The issue is at the beginning before cards I suspected. Revised for two examples with commented areas that affect views.https://pastebin.com/DJYHPuHs
With CCH:

Without:

Thank you!

After updating slider-entity-row i’m seeing this in the log:

2019-03-01 11:27:45 ERROR (MainThread) [frontend.js.latest.201902280] http://192.168.77.67:8123/customcards/slider-entity-row.js:144:16 TypeError: this.controller.supported is not a function

only for cover sliders.

- type: entities
            title: Cover Test1
            show_header_toggle: false
            entities:
              - entity: cover.test1
                name: Test1
              - type: custom:fold-entity-row
                head:
                  type: custom:slider-entity-row
                  entity: cover.test1
                  full_row: true
                items:
                  - entity: input_number.cov_test1_duration
                    name: Duration
                  - entity: input_number.cov_test1_offset
                    name: Offset
                  - entity: input_number.cov_test1_counter
                    name: Counter

Fixed! Thank you.

That was a much better example. Very easy for me to reproduce the error.

I think I have fixed the problem. You’ll need to update both card-modder and layout-card.

Also, you don’t need card-loader in that configuration. Both card-modder and layout-card handles that by them selves.

@thomasloven
Any hint or advice on this issue?

That’s a tough one…
Try enabling debug mode, open the popup once and paste the info from the browser console.

oh, I’m sorry, could you tell me how exactly? not sure how to do that…

See the note in the instructions:

I have tested 100 useful-markdown-cards in the same view and a markdown card with 100 template substitutions in it. I can’t see any significand slowdown or memory leakage…

That’s a pity. I have mostly 6 sensors in every UMC card but I guess you’ve tried it with sensors, yes? And one more thing - I’m on latest Hassio (@ raspberry pi 3 b+). I can record my performance issues but I don’t think it would be of any help.

The worst scenario is me using last non-problematic version, until it gets obsolete… then I will worry. :slight_smile:

I get this, too. Desktop Chrome, Canary & Firefox. Android Chrome shows one.

Edit: Found out this is only happening for me when using an entity card array with type as ‘custom:mini-media-player’. If I substitute media-control as the type or remove the type variable completely, it works properly.

How do I implement this in HASSbian? Is it possible? I had a try but didn’t succeed.

@jon.ehr, here are detailed instructions about lovelace plugins.

2 Likes

you can do it with any install method of HA but you have to be using lovelace as the frontend view.

1 Like

Probably it is so easy that I as a newby could not figure it out but how do I get 3 slider cards in one card?
I have tried almost everything I could find. But … no result.
Can anyone post an example please? Thanks!