My sonoff door sensors just... go away... after a few weeks (or even sooner)

So… my Sonoff door sensors keep dissapearing. I have put in fresh batteries and still after some time, usually 10-15 days or so they just… dissapear. They require a complete reset which means I now have the old sensor still around in my config and I need to “ignore it” (that’s such a pain) and I then need to reconfigure the sensor for all my automations that use them.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Yes, I did see this topic: Sonoff DW2 door sensor going to state "unavailable" but it’s not the same… in that thread the sensor still works. In my case it’s gone. The battery does not report either… nothing. It’s just gone.

Sad thing is I have one cheap chinese motion sensor which I was hesitant to but as I wanted to stick with a known brand, but it has worked flawlessly since I intstalled it. It’s so frustrating I am thinking of binning the Sonoff sensors and just moving to the cheap chinese onese. Having to maintain my automation every 5-10 days is not something I want to keep doing.

Not sure if it’s OK to link to other forums, but I did find this Sonoff Door Sensor issues? - Devices & Integrations - SmartThings Community

Mods, if cross forum linking is verboten please delete this reply

Also Sonoff sensors dropping connectivity - Devices & Integrations - SmartThings Community

Gonna shut down my bridge for a while… see if that helps when it recovers