My Sonos integration just stopped working March 2024

I’ve used the Sonos integration for a few years now. I haven’t really messed with it too much, lately (like for months). I have it automations set to say something if a door or window is opened so when the Sonos integration stops working I know right away. This morning I updated ESPHome and all my ESPHome devices, then restarted Home Assistant. When it came back up, the Sonos entries were gone and wouldn’t come back.

All the Sonos entries in the log are from automations saying they can’t find the entities but there are no error messages about being unable connect to the Sonos speakers. I tried removing the integration, restarting Home Assistant again, then re-installing the Sonos integration it says “No devices found on network” – still nothing comes up! :frowning:

Does anyone know how I can further troubleshoot why I cannot connect to my Sonos speakers from HA? I can still connect to them from Plex which is running on the same subnet as my HA system and, obviously, the Sonos app on my phone still works so I’m stumped without any error messages.

Never mind. Apparently, these Unifi access points are total junk! This is literally the third time I’ve resolved random weird connection issues by just restarting the access point. It’s aggravating when there’s no rhyme or reason to a problem and restarting hardware resolves it. :sob:

F you Unifi!

I had issues with this latest code on the APs not doing a good enough job with channel assignment and they were interfering with each other because they were on the same channel. I had to manually set each channel on each radio on each access point to a channel that did not interfere with each other or was not being used by my neighbors. My Ecobee thermostat was really having problems before I changed them.

This is really weird. I started having the same problem this morning again on Home Assistant. I think it’s Home Assistant specific because all the other applications seem to be working fine with the speakers and I haven’t had this issue before. It’s like the mDNS or whatever is used to find them stops working on the HA side.