My Spare room is on AirBnB - Guest Automations + Ideas?

Hey friends!

So I have my spare room on AirBnB, One of the key points advertised in my listing is that its a smart home.
Ill keep this thread updated to show off what ive been up to with it!
Currently I have many lights around the place automated with motion sensors and time based rules, and yesterday I added some lights under the guest bed!

I created a lovelace view for the guests and use CCH to limit their access to only that view (not perfect but will do for now.)

Anybody have any ideas of what else I could add?

1 Like

Sunrise alarm clock (don’t need Hue can be done with any RGB light):

1 Like

If they get out of bed in the night, lights under the bed light up dim red to help them find whatever they need/navigate to the door?

likewise, hallway lights dim red at night for toilet trips?

a smart speaker/chromecast audio plugged into a ceiling speaker for them to listen to music if they aren’t headed out?

A widget on their view showing if the bins/recycling are going out soon?

A widget showing your contact details on their view?

A link to a website that shows local restaurant deals? Or even cooler, scrape sensor?

I’m trying to think of stuff I’ve needed to find out when staying in an AirBnB…

Some of these might work :thinking:

No bed presence detection yet, bathroom is right outside the bedroom door and bathroom light is automatic, night change it to red though!
There’s a home Mini in the bedside table now, bins aren’t super relevant as I don’t think I’ll get long stays+apartment block

Contact details could be pretty good, I wonder if I can make a script that takes input from them for their number and texts them some useful information (so it’s offline)

I have a spare wifi hotspot with heaps of data I’ll lend out if they’re from overseas, I haven’t found a way to get my remaining data into HA though but that would be a pretty cool metric to track…

I would be hesitant to use bed presence (ie. “Is there someone on the bed?”, I just meant putting a small PIR motion sensor under the bed that looks for movement (feet going onto floor).
something like: if the main light is off, wait an hour and start checking the PIR for movement.

Hmm true, that could work

UI WIP :eyes: