MyAir AC Zoning System, climate and Room Association for Components

My Homebridge script above has zones and what not added to it if you wanted to look over it and see if it’s of any help. I’m planning to eventually work on it further in the future, but it suits my needs for now and no one has requested anything extra on it.

Did you get anywhere with this @skeksy Please DM me

I have been following this thread for a while, as I am about to move into a house with a MyAir system. As such, I have attempted to write my very first Home Assistant component to integrate MyAir as a set of climate entities per zone, and a master climate entity.

Its almost completely untested beyond a static test JSON, and will stay that way for at least a week or two, but if anyone is extremely keen, you can give it a go and raise issues in GitHub for me to look at.

Thanks for having a go at this. I gave it a go on a real system and it doesn’t like the text/plain Content-Type that seems to be (erroneously) returned by my system.

Thanks to @ShonkyCH, I think I have a fully functional integration that adapts to your installation. For example it should work with both MyAir and E-Zone, and with or without temperature sensors. I have tested it briefly with my own E-Zone system successfully.

I recommend combining it with the “slider-entity-row” from HACS to adjust your vents easily.

4 Likes

Thanks @Brett_Adams for fixing my issue with the integration. Its allowed me to clean up my code in the yaml’s!

Just a comment- while using the climate thermostat card from HACS, I find toggling on/off on a zone actually switches the whole unit off instead of the zone. I adjusted a few lines of the code so I could toggle the zone on/off for my purposes but suspect it depends on how the person wants their setup configured. Just wondering if you intended it to work that way?

At some point I figured that was best, but can you suggest how it should work? Should each zone only support on and off?

So thats how I have set up mine. Since there was no “On” I just used the “heat_cool” option.
In my setup have my main controls the diplay the outside temperature with the various modes, fan speeds and temps and then each zone, just the zone temp, target temp and “on”/off.
However if others on this thread use it, might be useful to get their input :grinning:
Thanks for listening and considering

Note for anyone already using my custom integration, an issue with the way I named unique IDs had been fixed, but will cause all existing entities to be duplicated. I recommend removing the integration, removing all its entities, and adding it back.

I have a choice between the E-Zone system or the full My Air system. E-zone is sufficient for what I need.
From your posts @Chris_P_Bacon it seems that you are using the E-Zone system. I was wondering what was your experience with the API? Did you find that it matches what is on Proboards?

Hi @Brett_Adams just got a MyAir system installed in my house a few weeks ago and came across your repository. Works a charm, the MyAir tablet and integration both know what’s going on and works well with the zone control too.Very impressed and very easy to setup.

I was wondering though it if would be possible to substitute a HA temperature sensor value into the Climate card from an external temperature sensor? I cheaped out on our system and didn’t get any of the temperature or motion sensors installed. But I do have a few homemade sensors (D1 mini & BME280) and it would be great to include the value from them to make the card look complete. Below is a Climate card using the SmartIR integration for a split system where they’ve allowed an external sensor for the current temp. On the right is the one from your integration.

Just a suggestion, I’m very happy with the way it is now! :slight_smile:

Thanks for the suggestion Andrew.

I have the same issue with my e-zone system, in that I have no temperature data. The quick solution I have for you would be to use a custom climate visualisation like mini-climate-card, or what I do is just not show any temp using the entities card, and show zones using lovelace-slider-entity-row.

Long term I do want to add the ability to set external sensors so that the integration can possibly control the zones for you to reach target temperatures, so adding the ability to link the current temperature to another entity seems reasonable. I’ll just have to figure out how to neatly put this into the config flow.

I am currently spending my effort trying to get this integration into core.

1 Like

Great thread, thanks all.
In the middle of getting a new ducted system quoted and installed with either ezone (more likely) or MyAir. As I already have Xiaomi temp sensors in all of the rooms, not paying for the extra temp sensors with eZone would be amazingif it would allow setitng a temp to control the airflow/zones. Not that the Xiaomi sensors are a budget busting loss but would be a great integration development!!

So for now I would recommend writing an automation for each zone that increments or decrements its cover entity based on difference in temperature from your Xiaomi sensors and the temperature you set on the main AC unit, which essentially replaces what the MyAir system would be doing for you automatically.

1 Like

Hi @Brett_Adams

experiencing a couple issues with this, think I know what’s up to rectify them as well. Prefer to go through it here or github ?

Hey @dwooner. Github issue would be best, keen to understand your issue as I am in the process of getting this added to core Home Assistant. I am on the HA discord too if you want to chat.

Brett thanks for getting back to me and event suggesting an alternative. Be great to see the integration in the HA core, cheers!

Will do, will also do a fresh HA install so can get you some clean logs if needed. That URL link is incorrect BTW, should be /issues not /issue :slight_smile:

That’s what I get for manually typing that link! @dwooner happy to take the github issue with whatever information you have now, I assume the integration is throwing some errors into your logs, which will usually be enough for me to do an initial diagnosis. Providing me those and the output from http://[ip address]:2025/getSystemData will be all I need. I assume you have a MyAir 5, e-zone or zone 10e system?

1 Like

Sweet, two issues submitted with some logs and my view on what might be causing the issues. I can generally read code, but not write it, so have a reasonable grip on what’s going on.

Happy to bump up debugging levels if needed.