MyAir AC Zoning System, climate and Room Association for Components

I wrote the custom integration with config flow and everything but was struggling to come up with a suitable algorithm to control things intelligently. I’ll throw it up on GitHub and HACS when I get a chance.

1 Like

Hi @Brett_Adams I’d like to replicate this. could i have some more help setting up the various nodes (I’m a first timer)

That would be terrific! Im willing to give the mode red version a go but will need more than just the dot points, node flow diagram and a bit of JScript . I’m too new to node res to figure it out myself. Spent a few hours this morning but no good. Passing the temp sensor payload through to the function seemed to be the issue.

Hey @Tockers , is node red code exportable/importable? Im confident in my ability to customise to match my system but couldn’t build from scratch .

I’m not going to recommend you use my custom integration if your new, use NodeRed instead. But if anyone wants to give it a try the config flow is solid.

1 Like

I’ve sent you my JSON export which should allow you to import and customise from there.

1 Like

@Brett_Adams @Tockers Thank you both! I now have this working in Node-Red!

1 Like

Looks great, share the yaml with us pretty please?

Might be a bit of a long shot, but figure I would ask. Background first… I am one of the devs for a homebridge plugin for Advantage Air systems and having little ‘coding’ background; I have been learning as I go. We ended up having to create a priority polling system that would only allow one ‘set’ command at a time, taking priority over all ‘get’ commands. Trying to include a larger MyPlace system with lights and all that jazz we found that the json body from these systems was so large it caused many issues with only receiving partial information back from ‘curl’.

The question… Were any such limitations faced by the dev here for HA in terms of how the Advantage Air control unit handled many get/set commands? I know very little about HA myself but know these forums are always a wealth of knowledge for questions like this.

Bit like the responses from MyAir support unfortunately for you Mitch…

Hi Rossco555, might be my nightshift-addled brain at the moment, but not sure I understand f what you mean haha…

Mitch, I use aiohttp, and easily get the full JSON response from the API, and when I send updates I merge the JSON together to send as much data at once. Because the API is slow, I even have logic that prevents sending new updates until the last update has finished.

Your best guide might be my pypi library

@Tockers - Can you please send me your flow as well, i’d like to give this a crack, ive just started with node red building this out. Id love a headstart :slight_smile:

Alternatively, @Brett_Adams - being able to automatically control the covers with the use of 3d party temperature sensors to keep zones within a range would be awesome (as a part of the HA core integration).

I really dont want to fork out thousands to upgrade my ac.

I’m in the same boat. I started implementing this as a seperate integration, because then it could in theory control any ducting system and any temp sensors.

I also expect this will never get merged into core.

The hardest part for me was writing the logic to make the AC control work nicely.

This is what I have so far:

1 Like

Okay, ill give that a whirl :slight_smile: Appreciate it.

Hey Brett, cheers for the reply! Since my question back in January, I have had a contributor jump on board with my plug-in and we mitigated these issues in our own way. We have since added support for a bunch of the MyPlace smart extras that you can add on, such as Lights, Garage Door and Gates; we have not got around to the Motion Sensors or Blinds yet as demand for people using these has not been high yet.

Hey All, I have a new version coming out with major changes, and would appreciate help testing it. See Test the new changes coming to Advantage Air using HACS

I’ve only got ezone alas, but great to see work ongoing.

Hi Brett - I installed ok and it picked up my system and configuration. Changing modes, covers and fan speed works ok but it doesn’t seem to recognise Fan Mode :Auto. Sorry, will be able to do more testing tomorrow but a comparison of the existing and test integrations is in the screenshot