MyController plugin for Hass.io?

Is there a MyController plugin for Hass.io? I have been searching a lot, but has not found anything.

I know they solve some of the same problems, but there are differences.

Up until recently I have been running MyController along side “Home assistant” on a hassbian distribution. My gateway are using MQTT, so it was no problem that both systems subscribed to the topics. This meant that I could use the automation from home assistant, and the deeper integration and features like OTA updates from MyController.

Now I have switched from hassbian to full-on HassOS with hass.io plugins, but I miss my MyController :frowning:

Can you explain what you used MyController FOR? What did it provide that Home Assistant + Node-Red cannot?

Of course, I know it might be a silly question, and I hope there is a way around it :slight_smile:

MyController provides a tighter integration with MySensors sensors, and allow things like remote reboot, OTA updating, heartbeat and other behind-the-curtain things I haven’t found a way to do in Home Assistant. Also it supports downsampling of sensor readings so I can keep them forever, including battery level. I know I might be able to do the downsampling bit in influxdb myself, but as everyone else, I like it when others have already done the work for me.

For automation, presentation and other visible things, HA wins hands-down, and if there is an easy way to achieve mycontroller-like support in HA, I would prefer that. The fewer moving parts the better.

Edit: Also, in mycontroller my repeaters shows up, so I can see they are still reporting and alive, but since they do not present any sensors (keeping it simple), I can not find them in HA. This means that I can go to a single screen in MyController and see a red or green dot along each of my sensors and repeaters and know things are good, or that something need a little love (or new batteries).

Install Portainer add-on, then try to run this:

I guess the docker images for MyController are not made for ARM, but at least I know there is a way.

Thank you flamingm0e for the pointer :slight_smile:

Hi any progress on this?

Nope :frowning:

At least not from me, but if someone else has better luck I’d also like to hear :slight_smile:

Did you test NodeManager?

I think NodeManager solves a different problem, namely programming the nodes themselves.

MyController is a controller for several nodes and usually lives on a (real) server.