MyQ 403 Auth Errors after 2023.9

I don’t see a pymyq folder in my config folder but it’s still failing to connect. Located at ~/config ?

It is broken again.

Looks like a new error in the logs has popped up. “ * Error fetching myq devices data: Got 429 error - stopping request until 2023-10-18 18:29:55.663589. there were 6148 request”

I finally got fed up with all the issues with the myq integration not working with HA, and removed it from HA altogether. I replaced it by using couple of ZooZ ZEN17 Relays - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B096LLL1C6 and a couple of Ecolink Tilt Sensors https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00HGVJRX2 . These are Z-Wave based and I was already using Z-Wave with HA. They all work perfectly with my two garage doors that are Liftmaster/Chamberlain (Red Learn Button from 2005) using older Security+ protocol (not the Security+ 2.0). I no longer have any dependence on the cloud for the garage doors.

1 Like

Unbelievable.

Just ordered a ratgdo board.

Mine disconnected itself 10 hours ago. On the latest 10.3 build.

Going to get a Aqara door sensor and just use that as a open close notification sensor. Since the myq app takes an eternity to send a notification when the door is opened and closed.

Are your openers MyQ? The Zooz website explicitly says the Zen17 does not work with MyQ

They are not MyQ based natively. I have the MyQ Hub for each of them but that just adds aftermarket MyQ support for the openers to use with their mobile app, etc… which works fine, but I wanted to be able to control the openers via HA and drive through scripts, automations, etc… I noticed that there is an adapter for 2.0 that can be used Security+ 2.0 Wired Dry Contact Adapter – Garadget - but I have no need for it, so not used it.

Not sure if this is relavent. I logged out of the MyQ app on Android, now I can not log back in. This may all be a massive Chamberlin issue.

FWIW, It looks like Chamberlain is trying to monetize their API. I just logged in and they are trying to get me to sign up for their “premium” service @ $45/year, which seems to be aimed at Tesla owners, which I am not. I would not be at all surprised if they come at the HA community with the same sort of offering.

I personally am not 100% opposed to this as I totally understand that it costs money to keep an API running (esp if they are using CF now). I am a Nabu Casa member simply because I feel that they are doing fantastic work and want to see it continue. That said, I did purchase the Chamberlain hardware specifically for this functionality and maybe $45/year is a little steep for something they used to offer for free. Chamberlain, if you are paying attention to these threads (as I suspect you are), it would probably be a little easier to swallow if it was a monthly charge of somewhere around $1-3 USD, IMHO.

Has anyone tried the user agent name from the app (IOS_CGI_MYQ)? I’m away from home or I’d try it myself.

They are probably simply banning IPs (besides looking in these forums to brake the integration after every fix).

I don’t think they’re banning IPs. My Tesla integration works fine through my Wifi, which would be the same IP as HA. (ISP public IP address)

A workaround that worked for me. Just bought a MyQ 819LMB of kijiji for $40 and now have MyQ running local with a newer Yellow triangle and older Purple button Chamberlin garage doors.
Also the chamberlin remotes are dry contact if you want to hook them up to a shelly. You can get control over your doors that way but you would have to add a sensor to the door to know if it is open or close.
The 953ESTD works only with yellow triangle garage door openers but will controll three doors. The 953EV will control three doors from Yellow, Green or purple.

1 Like

I’m paying the bastages for the monthly fee for our Tesla’s, but I also now fail again to login even after I made the useragent fix a month a go. It failed after last update so I suspect something in HA libraries is doing it.

Please see here for the latest update: The Current State of MyQ - From the codeowner

1 Like

With all the myq issues I am looking at alternatives, as are many other people. I stumbled upon aqara’s new T2 dual relay, https://www.amazon.com/Aqara-Requires-Contact-Boilers-Supports/dp/B0CC2B8C37
Looks like it supports garage doors, has anyone else tried this?
I know a lot of people are looking at the ratgdo but I personally like options from amazon for the free shipping so any other options that are on amazon I’m open to, TIA!

It should work, but ratgdo offers several advantages for a security 2.0 door: discrete open and close commands, light control, opener door status, solderless install.

With any of the relay options on a security 2.0 door, you will need to solder leads to an opener remote or wall panel controller - just more extra expense. What you end up with is a toggle, not discrete open and close. The toggled door direction can get out of sync with door status, so you need to code accordingly.

1 Like

Are you able to record a video of how to wire it properly? I know there’s a diagram in the ratgo site, but it’s hard to picture how to wire it

Thanks for the explanation. I wasnt aware ratgdo gave you discretes as well! Will be eyeing this solution!