MyQ 403 Auth Errors after 2023.9

I am having the same issue. It seems the workaround shared is for Docker users. I don’t use Docker. Does anybody know other workarounds?

TIA

Do we have a fix for HAOS?

For HAOS Users,

1. Install the Advanced SSH & Web Terminal add-on
  2. In the terminal add-on, run the following commands:
cd config
wget https://github.com/Lash-L/pymyq/archive/refs/heads/useragent_fix.zip
unzip useragent_fix.zip
mv pymyq-useragent_fix/pymyq .
rm -fr useragent_fix.zip pymyq-useragent_fix
  1. Restart Home Assistant

When the fix is finally made to HA, just remove the config/pymyq folder and restart Home Assistant.
@manjulapra

5 Likes

Thank you. This works!

Thank you. This worked for me.

It looks like Lash-L just pulled the .zip package from GitHub… does anyone else have a link that the wget command can grap the .zip from?

Thank you!

EDIT: Nevermind… this single command pasted (SHIFT + INSERT) into the Advanced SSH & Terminal add-on (in “unprotected” mode) fixed the issue after a HA restart:

docker exec -it homeassistant sed -i.bak "34s/None/str(\"ha${RANDOM}\")/" /usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/pymyq/request.py
2 Likes

You changed the useragent from None to ha${RANDOM}. Is it the empty useragent that causes the issue? – never mind found the answer. I hope the myq integration owner fixes this soon.

P.s. This worked. Thanks!

Anyone running HAOS have the new wget link

as someone stated above it looks like it got pulled… Not sure why… But now I can’t fix it.

2 Likes

Hello everyone - it was pulled as I have rebuilt the repository in an organization on github so that I could make changes to the repository as it seems the original repository is dead.

You could use this as a new wget link: https://github.com/Python-MyQ/Python-MyQ/archive/refs/heads/master.zip

But 2023.10 will have an official fix

4 Likes

Is this still working for everyone? Seems I am seeing errors again.

Authentication failed: Error requesting data from https://partner-identity.myq-cloud.com/Account/LoginWithEmail?returnUrl=/<REMOVED>%2520offline_access: 403 - Forbidden

Mine is down too.

Multiple reports of outages on the other MyQ thread.

1 Like

Perhaps just an outage then but my MyQ app functions still.

The app has always functioned for me.

Hopefully it is some sort of temp outage, but smells more like MyQ plugged a hole that the workaround UA patch exposed for them.

I have an all local setup I’ve been testing on one door. Weekend project for the other doors now.

:sob: :roll_eyes: :cry: :disappointed_relieved: :cold_sweat: :fearful: :persevere: :weary: :tired_face: :triumph: :angry:

Yeap, broken again. The useragent workaround no longer works.

Is this still working as of Sep 29? Just did this and still having issues sadly.

It’s working for me again, although I did update to the latest version of the library, which includes a fix for “too many request” errors.

What library did you update and where did you do it from?

The pymyq library. I’m currently testing the feature/timeout branch.

Same for me… broken again today.