MYQ not working again

AWS has been having issues for the past 6 hours - likely a regional thing.

For me, populating the blank/empty user_agent variable with a random string.has worked for me since 9/9 - noting that my system is running Python3.9.9 and the file requiring modification was in the Python3.9 directory.

None of the ‘tricks’ work for me and I have tried multiple times.

Universal Devices (a great company) implemented a MyQ solution for their system:

I have uploaded a new version of the MyQ Node Server (v3.2.22) to the Node Server Store. This version adds a User-Agent header to the oAuth calls as well as the API calls to get around the 403 unauthorized values. It also adds a new driver value for the MyQ Service node that is a Node Server Status value managed by PG3. See release notes at https://github.com/Goose66/NSDocs/blob/bc94a8da99e12a8684f9f373d650b3f9e9cd9342/myq-pg3.md for more info.

If UD can do it, then why not HA ?

What’s described in that link is literally what the open Pymyq PR does. If it hasn’t worked for you, it’s likely either not applied correctly (can be a bit difficult on systems where you don’t have direct access to the modified library) or pssibly related to recent downtime with the MyQ service itself (unrelated to the UA blocking). I do wish there would be some movement on that PR though. Would make all the various workarounds to get an updated UA string uneeded.

The difference seems to be that they updated their Nodeserver (Integration) rather than us (non-techies) having to go through SSH ourselves in HA. So, for no/low-techies, like me, please update the integration.

My gate stopped working couple of days ago. I researched and found this fix. Tried it and did not work. Tried again and to my surprise gate started working again. However, it was only temporary. After an hour or so it stopped working. I tried to apply the fix again. No luck. Any permanent fix for this?

I had previously applied the edit to have a user agent and gotten the myQ integration working again. However it stopped working again about 4 hours ago - 403 error once more. I checked and the workaround edit is still present in request.py. Anyone else broken again?

1 Like

My broke again this morning. Looks like the above zip file does not exist anymore github :frowning:

1 Like

Mine broke again this morning as well. Fix even with new github link doesn’t work.

Mine is broken as well. Github link to UA fix has been removed.

1 Like

Yup, broken again =(

According to the issue linked earlier in the thread, there is a merged PR for the October release. For those of us who installed the workaround (albeit a temporary one), will we need to undo the workaround for the updated integration to work in the new release? If so, how do we do that?

Broken here too.

I tried it with the updated library from that PR: GitHub - Python-MyQ/Python-MyQ. Still not working here and returning a 403 so it seems something else has changed. Ordered a ratgdo but looking like the end of Oct until he has more to send out. :slightly_smiling_face:

Useragent fix had worked until yesterday, now broken here too.

Looks like MyQ changed something again. I hope they are not becoming hostile to third parties.

It’s working for me again. Hopefully, it was just a transient issue on Chamberlain’s side.

However, I did replace my pymyq library with this one.

1 Like

myq is not working either. I get this. is there a fix for it yet?

However, I did replace my pymyq library with this one.

How did you do that? Just replace the entire pymyq directory?

You put the entire pymyq folder (the one with init.py in it) in the config folder for HASS and restart.

You might want to wait. The branch I pointed to is under active development, so unless you’re into testing and reporting issues, it’s probably better to wait.

One of the fixes in the branch is to handle 429 “too many requests” error by pausing for 45 minutes. That indicates that the integration may be making too many requests now. So, you might try disabling the integration for an hour and then starting it again.

1 Like

Interesting:

The coming Matter smart home standard may fix this issue for users of myQ and HomeKit. Garage door controllers are part of the first Matter specification. When the new standard arrives this fall, it’s possible Chamberlain’s Wi-Fi-connected controllers could be upgraded to support Matter. Apple is fully committed to Matter, so this might bring about a way to connect the two without needing the now-discontinued hub. The Verge has reached out to Chamberlain, which is a member of the Connected Standards Alliance (the organization behind Matter), for clarification. We’ll update this story if we hear back.

2 Likes