MyQ 403 Auth Errors after 2023.9

Mine broke originally, I did the hack, and then it broke again on 9/29 as well.

On 9/30, I used pip to update as described and confirmed it updated by looking at the files in the pymyq folder. No success. I then edited line 34 to suggest the user_agent was ios. No success.

When starting the integration is suggesting what I am guessing is an oauth error:

Error requesting data from https://partner-identity.myq-cloud.com/Account/LoginWithEmail?returnUrl=/connect/authorize/callback?client_idxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
403 Forbidden

It appears Chamberlain recently started limiting API calls to about 60/hour. The integration polls for device status every 5 seconds or so, so it greatly exceeds the limit. When this happens, the API blocks the client for about an hour.

There is some work happening right now to adjust the library and integration to deal with this, by reducing the polling frequency, and by pausing requests when the API says too many have been made. This will take a bit of time to get right, of course. But, even if the integration starts working again, there’s a decent chance that door state changes won’t be noticed for a few minutes due to the reduced polling frequency.

Maybe when/if Chamberlain supports Matter, we can get local control and these problems will go away. Personally, I’m looking at other controllers with support for HA and local control.

1 Like

If you find anything suitable please report back - the whole Chamberlain nonsense starting with promises of HomeKit support and back tracking years ago was pretty bad… this cat-and-mouse stuff is enough to ditch their ecosystem altogether.

What is a HA compatible alternative garage opener ?

1 Like

I have older Genie openers. I got the MyQ hub because it was about as cheap as buying another remote.

Luckily my older Genie’s will work with a simple dumb button for the wall switch, so as of this morning I have now replaced MyQ with one of these relays and two of these sensors.

Amazon equivalents:
Relays
Sensors.

1 Like

I’m going to try this route. This is why I hate cloud only services.

https://community.home-assistant.io/t/ratgdo-local-mqtt-control-for-your-chamberlain-liftmaster-security-2-0-garage-door-opener

1 Like

I have an older opener that doesn’t use Security 2+, so I was able to use the konnected garage door opener. I just installed it this morning, and it seems to be working well. One nice thing is it does not require a reed sensor for the door state. The device is mounted on the ceiling above the door, and it uses a laser range finder to detect when the door is open or closed.

1 Like

@Goose66 who developed the MyQ Nodeserver (Integration) for PG3 (Universal Devices Eisy) seems to have it working. Maybe the MyQ HA Integration developer can reach out to him ?

This is really poor on their part. After about 2 years their product, chamerline, has gone downhill.

Not really. They have no responsibility to the OSS community and they have every right to change their protocol. Given that HomeBridge works still, looks like the HA integration doesn’t quite follow their spec anyway.

Having said that, still sucks. As long as they aren’t intentionally breaking the community I think it’s fine.

As I mentioned before, it appears that in the IoX-PG3 universe of Universal Devices their MyQ Nodeserver (integration) still works. Someone much smarter than I am should try to understand why.

1 Like

I just installed two ratgdo devices (soldered the d1 mini lite on myself as I had two extra here)…after some confusion on my part and quick support I had both online (using ESPhome). Not only is there zero latency, but the additional functionality is impressive…way nicer than cloud. You won’t be disappointed! Cheers.

MyQ started working again for no particular reason, absolutely made no changes to HA so likely something fubar on the provider side (intentional or otherwise)

Whoa, after fighting this for days and trying patch after patch only to end up just ordering a couple ratgdo and ESP8266 D1 mini, I just checked mine and sure enough 3 hours ago mine just started working and showing stable constant connection. I could only have a connection for about 20 minutes then I would get 429’d and have to disable the integration for an hour then it would reconnect.

I’m still going to keep the ratgdo when they come in because it’s 100% local and instantaneous control and also provides fine position control of my doors. This will prevent anymore future headaches with MyQ cloud service.

I am still getting the 403 error. I had applied the original fix which stopped working 5 days ago. I did go in and delete the folder the fix created. I saw yesterday that it had started working for people but it had not for me. I deleted the integration and reinstalled. Still no luck.

Anything else that I can try?

I really don’t know. The patch I’m using is the newer Python-MyQ and the “feature/timeout” branch from about 3 days ago. I had to install it using pip inside my HA Container, followed by a restart.

Can you send me the link for that? I am running HA OS baremetal. Should it still work for that?

The patch I’m using is linked further up in the thread MyQ 403 Auth Errors after 2023.9 - #29 by drothenberger

I don’t know HAOS, so someone else will need to chime in how to install the pymyq replacement.

As for the alternative local control ratgdo boards, that too is linked further up.

Same for me, it just started working again last night all of the sudden.

Can confirm that the integration started working for me this morning without doing anything as well.