MyQ 403 Auth Errors after 2023.9

Same for me. Also tried the previous workaround, but it doesn’t work for the current issue

My garage dooor openers are from 2005 and have a red learn button indicating that it uses Security+ 390Mhz technology, see Support - I do use 3 button opener Amazon.com which indicates Security+ 2.0 - does this mean that my opener is compatible with Ratgdo? My actual garage door opener board model is 41A5483-1C - 041A5483-1C | Receiver Logic Board, 390MHz | Discontinued | Parts | Chamberlain

If not, what options do I have to control these reliably without having to rely on MyQ integration for HomeAssistant?

Will shorting the contacts open/close the door?

If so most any of the smart garage door products should work.

I applied the patch (by cloning Python-MyQ/Python-MyQ and copying ./pymyq to config/pymyq) and restarted, but got 403 when I re-enabled the myq integration. So I deleted the myq integration and reinstalled it, and when asked for username/password, it “Failed to connect”. So I went to visit https://www.mychamberlain.com/ to log in, but it now shows a page that says:

Moved to Mobile … this web login will no longer be supported …

Is this the root cause? :frowning:

I believe the web login has been unavailable for a few weeks, but I could be wrong. I don’t think it’s the root cause, so much a byproduct of Chamberlain trying to lock down their APIs for their own products, probably so they can expand their subscription service.

Edit: Someone reported the same problem with initial login on GitHub. The fixes to the library could have broken the initial activation of the integration.

The home assistant myq integration developer says to hold tight.
Myq integration stuck on initialization - #61 by Lash-L

Would be nice if an enthusiastic dev could develop a “Local myQ” integration, similar to Local Tuya, where the garage door is controlled without the official MyQ API. Unfortunately, I don’t know if this is technically possible and I don’t have the skills myself.

1 Like

Fix should be included in 2023.10.2

1 Like

I installed 2023.10.2 and it did not work for me. I tried entering the Credentials again and I recieve a message Failed to connect.
I deleted MyQ, Restarted and then tried to re-add. During “Connect to the MyQ Gateway” I recieved the same message, Failed to connect.
I loged in and out of the MYQ app on my phone to verify the password and that worked.
Is there something I can upload that would be helpful?

Same thing here. Installed 2023.10.2 and MyQ is still failing. Am I missing something?

I’m seeing this now, which I assume means the throttle backoff is working. This is in local time or is it UTC? Local time, 18:41 would be 8h from now; we really backoff that long? UTC would just be 1h.

Config entry ‘*’ for myq integration not ready yet: Got 429 error - stopping request until 2023-10-12 18:41:48.557606. there were 1 request; Retrying in background

Was the integration disabled before the update? If not, MyQ may still have a frequency limit in place.

I had mine disabled since it last broke, so there had been no attempts in over a day. Doubt you need to go that long.

Or they may have already changed things again.

About 45 minutes after the update, I went to disable MyQ and found that it was working. Might be that it needed some time to clear the excessive login attempts.

It did not work for me and decided to remove the MyQ integration and re-install it, but every time I try it tells me:

It was not disabled before the update. I deleted MyQ and waited 33 min before trying to log in and no joy.
It is deleated and I have rebooted and MyQ shows up as an ignored integration, I will let the system sit for a couple hours before I try to login through the integration.

Working here after HA update to 2023.10.2 took 19 minutes after the update to get the connection back with myQ cloud.

Added MyQ after 7hrs and the same problem of “failed to connect”

Do you have a pymyq folder in your config folder? If so, remove it and restart HA.

1 Like

Removing pymyq folder worked for me. Thank you