Myq integration stuck on initialization

Unfortunately I don’t think that will solve the problem. I have already decreased the api calls to about 1/3 of what they used to be in addition to my other changes. Other apis are able to poll Myq at a rate of 5-15 seconds. Something else is the cause imo. I don’t have a ton of time this week to try to look at it, but I will try my best. As a reminder to everyone - I don’t own one of these devices, and I am always looking for a new codeowner, I have had one user step forward and attempt to diagnose some problems, I will give them as much support as I can with my limited time this week and if they aren’t able to figure it out, I will try to solve what I can with my limited time

2 Likes

I’m a software developer by trade and have 2 MyQ garage door openers - I could take a look and see if I can figure out what’s going on! I was also just hit by the 429 errors. Odd since it was working prior to the latest HA Core update.

3 Likes

I tried the homebridge plugin and seeing the same issue there.

Now I am getting:

Authentication failed: Error requesting data from https://partner-identity.myq-cloud.com/connect/token: 401 - Unauthorized

Following this thread. I am completely new to HA so if someone figures this out and can explain to me like I’m 5 years old I would appreciate it. @Lash-L I tried to install your PyMyQ project out of GitHub I think I managed to do it successfully although following this thread it looks like it won’t fix the problem.

If anyone has a good link to a thread or YouTube video that explains how to get projects out of GitHub and install them in HA this newbie would really appreciate some tutorials so I understand what I’m doing.

Thanks to everybody and their hard work so far.

We fixed it yesterday and it failed again. Nothing for you to do right now but to hold tight

5 Likes

Thank you! Please keep us up to date.

Fix in 2023.10.2

4 Likes

Looking forward to it!

For those that don’t want to wait for 10.2, updating the pymyq lib to Release v3.1.13 works.

Working again with 10.2. Thanks!

Not working here after 10.2 update.

Also not working for me after 10.2 update.

UPDATE: Just started working on it’s own.

1 Like

Tried disabling and re-enabling Integration. No go.
Tried deleting and re-adding the Integration. Won’t let me log in to MyQ to complete the adding process.

If you applied the old “fix” from a few weeks ago, you may want to delete or rename the folder \config\pymyq that it created.

After the upgrade to 10.2 today, it seems to be working (for now)
Thanks!!

Some combination of renaming the old “fix” folder and/or waiting about an hour seemed to do it. Thx.

1 Like

Worked for me by reinstalling the MyQ integration.

Greg

P.S.
Thank you for all your hard work!

So, I am sure that someone has discovered this… But I think that MyQ is actually throttling requests from IPs.

I couldn’t remember my password, so used my phone app, and tried logging in again, and I received a JSON error message (Can’t recall what it said, something about too many connection attempts) disconnected from Wifi and then, there was no problem getting to the login page.

sorry if this is duplicate info.

Myq integration failing again today. Seeing this in the logs repeatedly.
2023-10-18 11:24:45.321 DEBUG (MainThread) [pymyq.api] Performing initial authentication into MyQ
2023-10-18 11:24:45.321 DEBUG (MainThread) [pymyq.api] Scheduling token refresh, last refresh was None
2023-10-18 11:24:45.327 DEBUG (MainThread) [pymyq.api] Initiating OAuth authentication
2023-10-18 11:24:45.327 DEBUG (MainThread) [pymyq.api] Retrieving authentication page
2023-10-18 11:24:45.329 DEBUG (MainThread) [pymyq.request] Sending myq api request https://partner-identity.myq-cloud.com/connect/authorize and headers {‘redirect’: ‘follow’} with connection pooling
2023-10-18 11:24:46.609 DEBUG (MainThread) [pymyq.request] Attempt 1 request failed with exception : 429 - Too Many Requests
2023-10-18 11:24:46.611 DEBUG (MainThread) [pymyq.request] Too many request have been made - putting a temporary pause on sending any requests for 45 minutes
2023-10-18 11:24:46.744 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.config_entries] Config entry ‘[email protected]’ for myq integration not ready yet: Got 429 error - stopping request until 2023-10-18 19:09:46.612365. there were 1 request; Retrying in background