MyQ Bridge - Fully local MyQ garage door control

This is like a number of other solutions that use a dry contact and wire directly to the button on a remote or the button on your panel that opens the door.
It’s not hard if you don’t mind a little soldering. I’ve used the Meross version of this and it worked flawlessly. It uses a magnetic closure sensor instead of a reed sensor, but otherwise works identically.

It’s not though. ratgdo sends security+ 2.0 packets over the 12v control line to the door opener to control it.

Any ideas to get the new G0401-ES to be local?

1 Like

I was also getting the random “unavailable”. I noticed when I had the 819LMB on my bench in the basement I got a lot less of them; everything still on the same network. I move it back to the garage, and I got boat load of "unavailable"s. Now I moved the 819LMB to the other side of the house, farthest from the GDOs. Again, everything still on same network. Seems crazy, but no more "unavailable"s. Does not make sense to me. But this is what I’m seeing. Maybe somkind of broken heartbeat that’s not on WiFi?

Can you show me in the documentation where it says that?
I skimmed through it and found references to “a dry contact” and another about wiring it to a remote switch in the wiring instructions.
(I want to know what I missed.)

I designed the shield and wrote the firmware. Source code is on GitHub.

1 Like

Looks pretty nice actually.
Any chance you were considering porting this as a supported ESPHome module?
I just built a controller on a pico-w that isn’t this smart but it DOES allow me to integrate additional sensors (added enviro sensors, motion, etc. for full garage monitoring and the ability to assign a few pins to do this rather than playing other games with the controller would be great.
Really, my challenge is that I don’t use MQTT, just ZHA on HAOS.

I guess I can just make use of your interface pins to my pico and make custom sensors/controls to interface to your board and disable wifi on the ratgo… Now, shipping to Canada…

Hello! This shield looks slick.

I just ordered the shield and board but realized I transposed a couple of the numbers in my shipping address. The receipt email from Square doesn’t have a direct contact method. Is there a way to contact you to make sure you ship it to the correct address? I did message square but am not sure how fast they will be to respond and/or get the information to you.

1 Like

Does the setup have to be done using an iphone? When I tried using an android phone Homekit doesn’t show up in the list of “Works with”.

I don’t understand the question. Setup doesn’t require a phone at all?

Hi Paul,

Does your shield blink the lights on the opener when the “close” command is issued? I have an OpenGarage which connects via a MyQ push button opener and doesn’t do this. I still use the crappy MyQ gateway (local support only) and it blinks the lights when closing which my wife and I appreciate as it tells us if things are good. Unfortunately the MyQ gateway is a bit unreliable and doesn’t always respond.

Thanks!

After thinking about this for a few minutes, it kind of doesn’t matter! Since your shield can turn the light on/off, I can setup Node-RED to toggle the light a few times when the opener status goes to the opening state. Already placed the order and am looking forward to playing with it!

1 Like

I got this little ratgo bugger working! Amazing. Thank you, Paul!

MyQ integration…DISABLEDˆ

The only small thing I’m trying to do, is create a 5-10 second delay when the DOWN button is pushed on the lovelace card…MyQ had an audible beeping so that people in the garage would know the door is about to close.

I don’t want to have to design a custom card. I don’t want to create a ‘down’ button that calls an automation. Does anyone know how an easier way to insert a delay after pushing the down button on the standard cover card in lovelace? (or the mushroom cover card)

You can make a template cover that has a delay in the close open actions

do you mean a template button on lovelace? then I’m into design/presentation issues…and I seem to lack a talent for that! (I suck with css). If you meant something else, let me know.

oh boy. just googled. I feel stupid. There’s actually a template cover thing in HA.

Thank you bdraco.

Thanks for creating this post. Does anyone know if it will also work with the LiftMaster 828LM MyQ Internet Gateway Receiver?

It looks like someone has made a plugin for the homebridge app that removes the need for the myq home bridge hardware. Any chance it could be done in home assistant as well?

I might be missing some nuance, but it seems that project is doing essentially what the MyQ Home Assistant integration already does (just for exposing to HomeKit instead of HA). It still needs a MyQ device and still performs all actions through the external MyQ API.