MyQ Garage and Homekit - Unfinished States

I installed and configured a MyQ opener today and it’s showing up in HomeKit and works properly. Only weird thing is that while it opens and closes the garage it doesn’t accurately show that the action is completed. The HomeKit button opens the garage, but keeps showing it “Opening…” and “Closing…” without showing them as done.

MyQ and Home Assistant show the completed state properly in their app. Any ideas why this is?

Check your log files, you will probably see errors in there related to MyQ.
There is currently an issue with it, issue has been identified and fixed just not added yet to HASS.

See:
https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant/issues/16680

Cross-posting to a few others as this does not appear to be solved, for me at least, after upgrading to .79

=========================

The new update on 0.79 doesn’t seem to solve the issue for me. I am still getting the below when opening and stopping the door halfway. The system doesn’t seem to recognize the ‘opening’ / ‘stopped’ state, though it does see ‘closing’ and ‘closed’:

2018-09-28 21:24:14 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.core] Error doing job: Task exception was never retrieved
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py”, line 234, in async_update_ha_state
state = self.state
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/components/cover/init.py”, line 231, in state
if self.is_opening:
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/components/cover/myq.py”, line 109, in is_opening
return MYQ_TO_HASS[self._status] == STATE_OPENING
KeyError: ‘stopped’

The above occurs when I am running the ‘open’ and then ‘stop’ command. Otherwise, the below is happening in the background and writing to the log file:

2018-09-28 21:20:29 ERROR (SyncWorker_11) [pymyq] MyQ - API Error[get_devices] 500 Server Error: Internal Server Error for url: https://myqexternal.myqdevice.com/api/v4/UserDeviceDetails/Get
2018-09-28 21:20:29 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.core] Error doing job: Task exception was never retrieved
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py”, line 234, in async_update_ha_state
state = self.state
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/components/cover/init.py”, line 231, in state
if self.is_opening:
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/components/cover/myq.py”, line 109, in is_opening
return MYQ_TO_HASS[self._status] == STATE_OPENING
KeyError: False

FWIW I believe .79 fixed the issue for me. I’ll test it again later today, but it seems to allow those states to complete instead of reading as “opening…” and “closing…” forever.

.79 Did not fixed for me