MyQ integration fix?

Yes, that’s right. Sorry for any confusion.

No apologies needed.

So the integration broke again… any fixes this time? @jerrm @drothenberger @k8gg @omayhemo @scar77

Could you provide some more info? What version of HA are you on? Do you have a “pymyq” folder in your config folder? What kind of failure are you getting?

I found what I believe to be the solution as I did do the patch last time there was issues

I’m trying to figure out how to do the following:

pip uninstall python-myq
rm -rf config/pymyq
rm -rf /usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/myq/
clone the core repo and copy the core/homeassistant/components/myq/ into /usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/
Restart HA

If you didn’t run “pip install”, you can skip the pip command. If you have a pymyq folder in your config folder, remove it and restart HA.

You can do this in your terminal.

ls -d config/pymyq
rm -fr config/pymyq

If the first command outputs something, you have the patch installed in your config folder, and the next command will remove it.

I am sorry but I just don’t understand what this means, cause I did the pip install a few weeks ago but it’s saying nothing found

When I looked at my instance today, MyQ was no longer an integration. When I try to sign in again, I get a 403-Forbidden error

I’m sorry, but I can help you with pip. I didn’t do those commands. I think you just need to to do “pip uninstall” for any packages you did install for. If you ran pip install in your Docker container with “docker exec -it homeassistant”, you’ll need do to the uninstall commands in the container, too.

I’m running on Hass io

Logger: pymyq.api
Source: pymyq/api.py:606
First occurred: 10:40:54 AM (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 10:40:54 AM

Authentication failed: Error requesting data from https://partner-identity.myq-cloud.com/Account/LoginWithEmail?returnUrl=/connect/authorize/callback?client_id%3DIOS_CGI_MYQ%26code_challenge%3DrxEOHu_zptFV4iafATgf6q6LOQMwKLiLZ_fx7lDQZuo%26code_challenge_method%3DS256%26redirect_uri%3Dcom.myqops%253A%252F%252Fios%26response_type%3Dcode%26scope%3DMyQ_Residential%2520offline_access: 403 - Forbidden

You are definitely running the old code. The log message has IOS in it, which is from older versions of the fix.

Did you try doing the pip uninstall commands after running “docker -it homeassistant /bin/sh”?

I woke up this morning to MyQ no longer being listed in my integrations. I am lost.

Logger: pymyq.api
Source: pymyq/api.py:606
First occurred: 10:40:54 AM (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 10:40:54 AM

Authentication failed: Error requesting data from https://partner-identity.myq-cloud.com/Account/LoginWithEmail?returnUrl=/connect/authorize/callback?client_id%3DIOS_CGI_MYQ%26code_challenge%3DrxEOHu_zptFV4iafATgf6q6LOQMwKLiLZ_fx7lDQZuo%26code_challenge_method%3DS256%26redirect_uri%3Dcom.myqops%253A%252F%252Fios%26response_type%3Dcode%26scope%3DMyQ_Residential%2520offline_access: 403 - Forbidden

Something is really wrong with the MyQ system. Last night, I received a notification from my MyQ App on my iPhone that my garage door is open for more than 10 minutes. I jumped out of bed and check the garage. Well, the garage door is close. This morning, when I woke up, my wife asked me if I opened the garage door because it is open!! Well, MyQ opened the garage door on its own??? Is the MyQ system compromised and someone is playing games with MyQ connected garage doors?

I have already removed MyQ integration from HA last week. I think I will install a smart switch on my garage door opener so I can control its power.

MyQ support has been formally cut off by Home Assistant and is no longer an integration.

The go-to solution has been Ratgo devices which piggyback on to the opener.

Where do I install Ratgo devices? I tried to search it from “+ Add Integration” in Devices & Services and “+ Add-on Store” in Add-ons but I can’t find it there! Thanks in advance.

There is no “ratgdo” integration.

If using the mqtt firmware, you need a functional mqtt broker and the mqtt integration installed. If all the mqtt plumbing is correct, the device should be automatically added.

If using the esphome firmware it should be autodetected by HA, but you will need to configure it.

I am not familiar with MQTT. I have HASSIO on a Rpi. How do I install MYQTT? I tried to search for MYQTT in the “Add Integration” and all it says when I pick one of the listed MYQTT’s is “This device cannot be installed from the UI”…

You have to install the mosquito addon and the integration.

Bur…

If you don’t have any other need for an mqtt broker, I would just use the esphome based firmware. It is the better option in general, unless you need Security+ 1.0 support.