MyQ integration fix?

Have we found a proper working solution to this 403 forbidden issue?

I went local with ratgdo and haven’t had a problem with MyQ since.

1 Like

No, not really. Patching the pymyq library used by the integration to
set the User-Agent header has fixed it for some users. However, a developer has stated that a missing User-Agent is not the most likely cause, and that the issues are due to problems on Chamberlain’s side that may get resolved by them. I believe the developers are still analyzing the situation.

That said, the patch has solved the issue for me.

1 Like

The hardware of those MyQ gargae door openers are fine. However the MyQ cloud implementation have been breaking so many times over the years, with the company (Chamberlain) abandoning and changing stuff, left and right, all the time.
So Chamberlain’s reputation isn’t there, at all.

Longer term, I would even venture to say that there is no fix to the MyQ cloud (echoing to David’s “No, not really.” comments above). Your best option is to bite the bullet and put together your own non-cloud alternatives. There are a couple of ways to do it, and in general Ratgdo mentioned above is a solid choice.

The second best option is to wait for Chamberlain to improve. (But I would not hold my breath.)

Thank you for the input @drothenberger and @k8gg -This was the solution for me.

Just began replacing myQ crap with Konnected’s new garage control. Local control, flashed with ESP, a laser to see the garage door open. It works great!!!

Looks like it needs an adapter for the Secuity 2.0 doors?

Yes, and they are another $25. ratdgo looks like a cheaper solution, although you’d need a sensor of some sort to detect the door position.

I really like mine, too. I love that it uses ESP. Mine has an issue with the laser range finder where it reads very small values (0 - 0.05m) when the garage door is closed. Since it uses ESPHome, I was able to patch the firmware to treat those small values as closed and fix the issue myself.

From the docs it looks like it provides door status, assuming you trust what the opener thinks the status is.

Am I wrong?

From the docs it looks like it provides door status, assuming you trust what the opener thinks the status is.

Am I wrong?

No, I agree. I missed that. Thanks for the clarification! That makes the ratgdo solution nice for Security+ 2.0 doors.

1 Like

Has anyone tried the Meross MSG200HK?

It needs an adapter for Liftmaster/Chamberlain Security 2.0 openers. Looks like it’s basically a remote with leads pre-wired.

Eligible for returns on Amazon if anyone wants to test and review.

Curious about the adapter and ship time for it.

How does that work with placement?

I guess I’d want it placed just an inch or so inside the door opening so anything other than fully closed would read as open. Does it get confused if there are other obstructions below it?

a laser to see the garage door open

How does that work with placement?

I guess I’d want it placed just an inch or so inside the door opening so anything other than fully closed would read as open. Does it get confused if there are other obstructions below it?

The device is mounted on the ceiling above the garage door. When the garage door is open, the distance from the ceiling to the open door will be small. When the door is closed, the distance from the ceiling to the floor of the garage (or your car, etc.) will be larger. The device uses that distance to determine the state of the door.

You can also connect a wired reed switch to the device if you prefer.

1 Like

^^
I’m just using the laser, you can move it closer to the door to ensure it shows when it’s open just a bit, but has a limit that it has to be open enough to roll up under the sensor. Calibration is a snap.

As David said, you can wire it to the inbuilt sensors if you want a integrated experience.

Not a Homekit fan, and I don’t see any mention of other integration(s).
One reviewer says this:

Works with Home Assistant (With Addon-Plugin)

Setup: Was pretty straight forward and easy to install. Whenever you go to set it up for the first time, make sure you are on the Wi-Fi that you want the device to connect to. At first I had mine connected to my main Wi-Fi network and not my IoT network. Resetting it to switch networks was as simple […]

I followed the instructions to reflash with ESPHome, and it integrates directly with Home Assistant. Very easy. They also support SmartThings if you want to integrate with a cloud-based system.

I left my MyQ connected for guest access through the app, and added the Konnected controller for more resilient local control.

I was responding to the Meross MSG200HK suggestion. I have Konnected’s device and prefer it over all others at this point.

Just to be clear - reflashed the Konnected?

I had already added in a 2 channel zigbee relay for door control to avoid the MyQ warning beep when closing via buttons I added inside the kitchen door.

For open/close status, on one door I tested an zigbee vibration sensor to get door position to determine open/close state. On the other I tested a zigbee door sensor mounted on a hinge that swings open when the door is raised.

Both methods work reliably so far, at least as good as the MyQ hub(I have Genie openers). Still, I will probably eventually replace with wired contacts.

All in, relay and sensors, it was less than $30 for two doors. Should have done it years ago.