MYQ not working again

Agree, that’s likely next. Plenty of examples of it happening before

And this is why I’m taking an ever-growing interest in open-source projects. From Home Assistant to my current sewing pattern software, it’s really turning out to be the best option for quality, features, and cost-efficiency, as long as you have a little patience and are willing to put in a bit of work.

I bought a Chamberlain GDO a few years ago and tried MyQ and I found it generally unreliable and when the service went down I had no remote control over the door.

I pretty quickly came up with my own system of control using a modified Sonoff Basic (could do the same OOB with a zwave dry contact relay but the Sonoff was way cheaper), a spare remote and HA only. The door position is sensed by an ESP8266 with a ultra-sonic sensor. I haven’t had any problems with local or remote control ever since.

No, I don’t have any remote control over the door lock. On my door the light comes on when the door opens no matter how it gets opened. It even comes on when the safety beam gets broken so it knows someone walked thru the door. So that isn’t an issue.

But it does everything I need it do, it doesn’t have a cost of any subscription and is dead reliable except for replacing the remote battery occasionally.

And just yesterday I replaced I replaced my other GDO with an Aladdin opener so we’ll see how reliable the Aladdin Connect integration is. But I’ll definitely still modify the door opener to be operated “remotely” locally with a relay. I already have a zwave tilt sensor on the door from the previous remote GDO system I had so no need to rely on Aladdin for that part either.

I keep checking their app store reviews haha :rofl:

Updated to 2023.10.5, reenabled the integration and it worked. Minutes later got blocked again. Waiting for my ratgdo to arrive…

Please see the latest updates here: The Current State of MyQ - From the codeowner

Soooo I’ve been avoiding switching to something else because my mom also has a MyQ and has shared it to me, and I have that in my Home Assistant. When I have my phone plugged into Android auto I can open her garage from there, and so can my wife.

Obviously my mom doesnt have Home Assistant, any of these options that people are mentioning, would it be possible to put it on my moms garage as well as mine, and even though its not on the same network or even nearby get it to communicate with my HA system over the internet, so I can get this working again?

Has anyone the MyQ integration working right now ?

Not for me. It has been off for few days

1 Like

@EndUser @jugulator please see the stickied post at the top of all configuration pages. It’s a message from the developer of the myq integration.

Can you pls guide me where to find this ?

2 Likes

I did see that but it doesnt say how to fix it temporarily for now, although it says it is possible.

I don’t think there is a fix.

Thanks. Below is copied from that thread though.

So is this integration dead?

A) Right now - no, a fix seems possible, so the integration is not dead and I hope it never will be, but that is a possibility in the long term.

yes, it says “a fix seems possible”, i.e future tense.

1 Like

I’ve set up both the sensor and integration and receive a notification in HA whenever any random email is received. However I’m not receiving any emails from MyQ, could you elaborate on how to get the MyQ app to send emails to the designated IMAP email account/server? Thanks

Under the button to operate the door in the myq app, there is a gear for settings.

Click notifications and alerts

Then create the notification by email. It will email to what you have listed in the myq account

Thank you. The integration appears to respond correctly to the receipt/deletion of emails from the MyQ email notification.

However as you can see below, the template does not seem to be able to extract any data from the received email relative to state of sensor.myq_status .

Any suggestions as to what I’m missing would be great.

Can you post the yaml for your template?

Double check your actual email from myq. Is it from [email protected] ? Does the subject line match what is in your template?

I am using Gmail and created a separate folder called “garage” with a filter for all the myq emails to put them there. It was struggling in my main email box.