My MYQ integration was working yesterday I believe. I deleted the integration and now I’m getting an ‘unknown error’ when I try to re-add the integration. API issue again?
Same here, just stopped this morning. Bet they changed the API again
I can confirm that I have the same problem
Myself as well. I just upgraded to .109 so I thought maybe that broke something.
According to my history in HA, MyQ went down today at 11:09 AM CDT.
Same here … Following
It looks like the MyQ API changed again. There is an issue opened on the underlining library’s GitHub.
I tried to call the API with Postman and I am getting returned:
<body>The requested URL was rejected. Please consult with your administrator.<br><br>Your support ID is: XXXXXXXXXX<br><br>
For anyone seeing the error:
SyntaxError: Unexpected token < in JSON at position 0, that is because the response is HTML.
Unavailable as of 11:52am (CT) here. Its probably a change to the API again…
In other news, a fix is coming soon:
Logon to https://www.myqservices.com and looks like MyQ offers free 2 years subscription with Google, Clare Control, IFTTT but not HA.
I’m not sure what ‘myqservices.com’ that is not the web page I was using before.
The account I use is at https://www.myliftmaster.com/ and I have Login just minutes ago all working.
My MyQ was working for me up until just two day’s ago.
I have updated to HA 0.109.5 and that did not help.
Any news on this?
If i read this github issue correctly, a fix is being targeted for 0.109.6.
When mine failed this week, I took the action to change it over to HomeKit Controller integration. It works flawlessly now, but getting it done took a bit of trial and error.
If you used an Apple device at any time with your garage door opener, you need to wipe its association with HomeKit so that HA can see it and take over. If you’re on an Android device, I can’t imagine that you’d have any trouble, but I don’t know that for sure either. If that’s you, try skipping ahead to #7 below.
- Delete the integration and any stale objects in HA to avoid later confusion.
- Delete the device from myqservices.com to also avoid any potential confusion.
- Reset the MYQ Bridge device – this took a little hunting, but on my 819LMB device, keep it powered on and hold down the GEAR button until the blue light starts blinking. Then release it and hold it down again until all of the lights flash. Real fun looking up at it as it’s mounted on the Garage ceiling, but there you have it.
- While you’re at the device, take note of the serial number (XXXX-XXX-XXX) and the HomeKit registration code (###-##-###). You’ll need these later.
- Use your smart phone to get it on your home wireless network but DO NOT use the iPhone app to program it as this will register it with HomeKit again.
- Once it’s on the wireless network, use the myqservices.com web application to add the device back into your account. You’ll need the device’s serial number and will need to train the bridge to your opener.
THIS IS IMPORTANT: Make sure the garage door is working correctly through the myqservices.com website before proceeding and DO NOT open up the iPhone MyQ app under any circumstances until you’re done. You need the bridge to be free any association with HomeKit in order for Home Assistant to be able to see it in the next step. If you’re on an Android device, this obviously doesn’t apply to you.
- Now you can add the HomeKit Controller registration in HA. You should see the MyQ Bridge listed as a device. Use the PIN and see the HomeKit Controller integration documentation if you need any help.
- You’ll get two devices when you’re done – the bridge and the cover itself. Rename the cover to the same name (e.g.
cover.garage_door_opener) you used before and your automations and dashboards should be working.
Congrats and go break open a cold one for all of that ladder work you just did! And I certainly hope the HomeKit integration will be more stable than the MyQ one was. Oh yeah, and you can use the iPhone MyQ app now if you really want to.
The fix is here. MyQ works again.
I previously had MyQ directly connected to HomeKit. I found that it would often be stuck in a Not Responding state. Of course, that happened with several of my HomeKit devices, which is why I ended up making the switch to HA in the first place. But other than the current snafu, MyQ has been pretty perfect with HA. Just my two cents!
Working again for me in 0.109.6.
Yes I can also report 0.109.6 has fixed this for me as well.
It’s working again for me