MYQ not working again

Does a token expire or something? Mine is a recent installation but I recall on SmartThings having to remove the integration and log back in once a year or so.

Started working on a reboot. Strange.

This stopped working for me today. It worked immediately after updating but a few hours later it stopped. I removed the integration but can’t re-add it, I get ‘Unexpected Error’. Is it me or is it down again?

Something must have changed. Here is the error message from my logs

Logger: homeassistant.config_entries
Source: components/myq/init.py:36
First occurred: 5:54:14 PM (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 5:54:14 PM
Error setting up entry [email protected] for myq

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/config_entries.py”, line 236, in async_setup
result = await component.async_setup_entry(hass, self) # type: ignore
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/myq/init.py”, line 36, in async_setup_entry
myq = await pymyq.login(conf[CONF_USERNAME], conf[CONF_PASSWORD], websession)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/pymyq/api.py”, line 259, in login
await api.authenticate(username, password, False)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/pymyq/api.py”, line 170, in authenticate
auth_resp = await self.request(
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/pymyq/api.py”, line 151, in request
return await self._send_request(
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/pymyq/api.py”, line 114, in _send_request
message = f"Error requesting data from {url}: {data.get(‘description’, str(err))}"
UnboundLocalError: local variable ‘err’ referenced before assignment

I can also confirm that mine also stopped today.

Thinking more and more about trying this.

Yep confirmed. I have the same issue as well.

Seems like every 6 months Chamberlain does this nonsense

Reported and being worked on.

4 Likes

The fix described here worked for me:

3 Likes

I am hoping this will come as part of a incremental update. If not, what is the exact location of the file so I can do a manual update.

if you are patient, i’m sure it will be in the next update. If you want to patch it now, follow the link i posted to patch

Ok. For some reason I cannot find the file api.py. I did search for all the py files but this one did not show up. What is the path of the file?

I looked for this /usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/pymyq/api.py based on the error and I do not see that as well.

get root, execute patch command, profit

Does anyone know of a 3rd party device that can open/close the MyQ garage door opener which is more stable than calling the MyQ Api? I am tired of this breaking.

Look at your MyQ app on your phone, it will give you a list such as Alexa, Google Assistant, IFFT…etc

1 Like

Are you using a Docker container? If you are, you need to get into the Docker container’s shell and find that file.

From https://stackoverflow.com/questions/30172605/how-do-i-get-into-a-docker-containers-shell

docker exec -it <mycontainer> bash

So I would need to set up IFTTT? So garage door opens, MyQ notifies IFTTT, then IFTTT notifies HA?

I would prefer a hardware approach the hooks directly into the garage door if possible.

MyQ are such pains in the butt, the official integrations will only allow you to check status, or close, but not open the door

I’m glad they don’t allow she who should not be named to open the door. It’s the same reason Apple requires you to unlock your device before Siri will open a garage door or unlock a lock. It’s a security issue. If anyone can stand outside a home with a megaphone or just yell through an open window and open the garage door… not very secure in my mind.

Well, your hardware option is not cheap. If you look at the list you have the option of Tesla interface.