MYQ not working again

I don’t think there is a fix.

Thanks. Below is copied from that thread though.

So is this integration dead?

A) Right now - no, a fix seems possible, so the integration is not dead and I hope it never will be, but that is a possibility in the long term.

yes, it says “a fix seems possible”, i.e future tense.

1 Like

I’ve set up both the sensor and integration and receive a notification in HA whenever any random email is received. However I’m not receiving any emails from MyQ, could you elaborate on how to get the MyQ app to send emails to the designated IMAP email account/server? Thanks

Under the button to operate the door in the myq app, there is a gear for settings.

Click notifications and alerts

Then create the notification by email. It will email to what you have listed in the myq account

Thank you. The integration appears to respond correctly to the receipt/deletion of emails from the MyQ email notification.

However as you can see below, the template does not seem to be able to extract any data from the received email relative to state of sensor.myq_status .

Any suggestions as to what I’m missing would be great.

Can you post the yaml for your template?

Double check your actual email from myq. Is it from [email protected] ? Does the subject line match what is in your template?

I am using Gmail and created a separate folder called “garage” with a filter for all the myq emails to put them there. It was struggling in my main email box.

I just have to say that the Ratgdo Integration in my opinion is superior in many ways to MyQ. I like tinkering with simple electronics so I was able to build my own device, but I’m using the Ratgdo software and it’s really great. I can now:

• Close the door immediately without the beeps
  • See the position of the door while it’s closing
  • Lock out all transmitters (e.g., overnight) so no one can brake into the car and open the garage door.
  • Lots more. My door has been opened 3486 times, not that I care, but fun to know.
    It’s $30 from Paul or you can build your own for probably a bit more but it’s a fun project.
2 Likes

Hi Tim,
Apologies for not getting back to you sooner.

FYI I replicated the template you provided (that was very helpful…), however in the Subject of the email received the text was sightly different from what was indicated in your Sensor template i.e. “Garage Door Opener just opened” and “Garage Door Opener just closed”.

I’m using Yahoo mail so I had to change the Charset to US-ASCII also.

It’s working perfectly now. Thanks again!!

I am not an experienced techie but I am willing to give Ratgdo a go. Is there a description how to connect it to my garage opener ?

It’s dead simple.

When you get the RATGDO you’ll need to plug it into your computer. Visit ESPHome ratgdo and follow the prompts to configure it for esphome.

Once done, take it out to your garage and you take the red, black, and white wires from the back of your opener and install it inline.

You’ll need 3 short pieces of wire stripped at both ends.

Take the red wire from your opener, twist one of the wires to it, stick the twisted part into the RATGDO and put the other end of the wire where you got the red wire from your opener.

Do the same thing with the white and black wires from the obstruction sensors. If you visualize it, the red wire, and obstruction sensor wires will go into the ratgdo and back out to the back of your opener.

Connect up the power and include it into homeassistant!

2 Likes

:+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1:
thanks

Incase this was missed by people following this…

Do you have your files put up anywhere? Or could you just say how you had it connected? I know I can track things down in the github, but I’d like to see a bit more. I might have to add capacitors across the button wires to simulate pushing ‘lock’ and ‘light’ so that I have control of those if it doesn’t work over the regular connections. (I have Security+ v1, so he says that the lock isn’t supported.) I want to make my own board to give me the most flexibility, but I also want to be able to use the same software, and not have to start from scratch. So I need to know the connections that are needed, and I’d rather be lazy and not have to figure those out from scratch, either. :slight_smile: Thanks!

You can control the light and lock out remotes, at least from Esphome, see here: I posted about my build on Reddit. Let me know if you have more question or want more pictures.

That’s great, thanks! What version of the “Security +” do you have?

I’m assuming 2.0+ - the opener is only a few years old.

Thanks!

I finally got around to getting it all hooked up. I wanted to have it all internal to the opener, so it took me a while to get the time to do it.

I have an orange “learn” button, which from what I’ve read means that I have the 1.0 security. Using the ESPHome version of the installer, it works out of the box with my openers. It provides control of the light, lock, and door open buttons, as well as indications of whether the door is open, shut, closing, or opening.

In short, it does absolutely everything that I was hoping for without any extra effort on my part, and I’m very pleased with it. Just wanted to report back on my experience, in case anyone else is wondering about the current state and also has a 1.0 security opener.