MYQ not working again

It doesn’t seem to allow you to change the username and password from the UI without removing it and adding it again. When you add it, it asks for the info. The documentation says you can still add it from the YAML, so I wonder why when you make changes to the YAML it doesn’t work still.

I removed the component and commented out the entry in my yaml and rebooted it. I then added the component from the integrations page again with the updated info and it works now again.

Screen Shot 2020-07-13 at 6.53.33 AM

For anyone still having problems with the MyQ integration, see my post from May 7 on this thread. Since I switched my garage door over to use Home Assistant’s HomeKit integration 3 months ago, it has been stable with zero issues.

Anyone having issues? Mine isn’t working

Mine’s working fine

Mine stopped working again. :frowning:

Mine is working fine. Worked multiple times last night and worked twice less than an hour ago. :man_shrugging:

Does a token expire or something? Mine is a recent installation but I recall on SmartThings having to remove the integration and log back in once a year or so.

Started working on a reboot. Strange.

This stopped working for me today. It worked immediately after updating but a few hours later it stopped. I removed the integration but can’t re-add it, I get ‘Unexpected Error’. Is it me or is it down again?

Something must have changed. Here is the error message from my logs

Logger: homeassistant.config_entries
Source: components/myq/init.py:36
First occurred: 5:54:14 PM (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 5:54:14 PM
Error setting up entry [email protected] for myq

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/config_entries.py”, line 236, in async_setup
result = await component.async_setup_entry(hass, self) # type: ignore
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/myq/init.py”, line 36, in async_setup_entry
myq = await pymyq.login(conf[CONF_USERNAME], conf[CONF_PASSWORD], websession)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/pymyq/api.py”, line 259, in login
await api.authenticate(username, password, False)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/pymyq/api.py”, line 170, in authenticate
auth_resp = await self.request(
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/pymyq/api.py”, line 151, in request
return await self._send_request(
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/pymyq/api.py”, line 114, in _send_request
message = f"Error requesting data from {url}: {data.get(‘description’, str(err))}"
UnboundLocalError: local variable ‘err’ referenced before assignment

I can also confirm that mine also stopped today.

Thinking more and more about trying this.

Yep confirmed. I have the same issue as well.

Seems like every 6 months Chamberlain does this nonsense

Reported and being worked on.

4 Likes

The fix described here worked for me:

3 Likes

I am hoping this will come as part of a incremental update. If not, what is the exact location of the file so I can do a manual update.

if you are patient, i’m sure it will be in the next update. If you want to patch it now, follow the link i posted to patch

Ok. For some reason I cannot find the file api.py. I did search for all the py files but this one did not show up. What is the path of the file?

I looked for this /usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/pymyq/api.py based on the error and I do not see that as well.

get root, execute patch command, profit

Does anyone know of a 3rd party device that can open/close the MyQ garage door opener which is more stable than calling the MyQ Api? I am tired of this breaking.