MYQ not working again

I am just now installing this integration so I never had it working before. I am getting the ever-useful Unexpected Error. I went into the docker container and modified DEFAULT_USER_AGENT to some random string, but still getting it. Does this only work if you already had the integration working previously?

Still working for me… Here’s what I did:

Ran the following command after SSH’ing into HASS (you’ll have to disable protection mode):
docker exec -t -i homeassistant /bin/bash
Then I just manually edited the api.py file using vi, changing the user agent to “pymyq”.

1 Like

@bs87 I have the non-LCD type as well. Anyway you could find the procedure you went off of? Id like to do it.

That worked, I had to set it explicitly to ‘pymyq’

The site no longer exists and I couldn’t find it archived either. That other blog should work just the same though. My button was basically identical where it connected to the circuit board. 4 contacts, just had to determine which 2 triggered the button push. I just used a short piece of wire to test them.

I finally ditched MyQ, for “meross Smart Garage Door Opener Remote” just installed it today and it works great! So easy to get going. Even links directly to HomeKit. Best thing is when it closes there is no beeping, it just closes the door.

Does anyone know how to access the api.py file from home assistant os? I’m running it in a VM and I connect with SSH, but I don’t see the file /usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/pymyq/api.py (there is no folder named python3.8 in /usr/local/lib)

you’ll need to login to the container. just look a few replies above and you’ll find the docker command.

Exactly what I was asking for! Thank you!

Does this integrate with HA or do you need Apple HomeKit?

Meross integrates through HACS

What is HACS? This? https://hacs.xyz/ If so I do not see how that is used to setup a garage door opener.

I found the Apple HomeKit Controller integration. Will this work?

Yes that is it, get it installed then you can add meross. Here is a screenshot from my home assistant setup with HACS

1 Like

Perfect thanks!

FYI: the myQ integration should be functioning again with the update to System 2020.12.2 as per the release notes:
( 2020.12.2)
( * Bump pyMyQ to version 2.0.12 (@ehendrix23 - #44328) (myq docs))
This will restore full functionality to myQ without requiring individual users to edit the User Agent string in their python implementation.
This should solve the issue until Chamberlain comes up with some other cheesy way to prevent people from legitimately using the API. Here’s hoping that will take a long, long time.

2 Likes

I too went that route. Installed yesterday and it has been stable since. I like how fast it is and that it closes as soon as you hit it. Hopefully the random user agent solves the issue in a more permanent way for the MyQ, but I was fed up myself. Keeping it for a few weeks at least to make sure the Meross is stable.

yes, I just hope it is released soon. I’m seriously considering the “Meross Smart Wi-Fi Garage Door Opener Remote” to avoid future headaches with myQ.

Just tested Release 2020.12.2 and MyQ integration is now working again! Thank you all.

1 Like

2020.12.2. ???

I’m showing 2020.12.7 of my supervisor version. Is that the same thing you are referring to?

Sorry if this is a dumb question. I’m still a novice.

Nevermind, I see the version number 2020.12.1 on my other about page.

Also just performed 2020.12.2 upgrade and now working again. Thank you to everyone for all the hard work on this!

1 Like